Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-02-2012, 11:52 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExcelRVGuy View Post
I may be bias but it's more like a Cadillac vs Mercedes....
Bryan, I like how you think....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-02-2012, 12:55 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Make mine a Shiner....
Don't get me started.....we used to stop by the Shiner brewery from time to time and get a "party ball" (4 gals) and have it drank by the time we got back to San Antonio. Shiner was finer!!! Oh the good ol' days! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:22 PM   #17
JDT

I must admit I am a little embarrased owning just a Winslow so I usually try to find a spot in the very back of any park we visit. Trying to hold down the pointing and laughing folks do when they see our rig.

Okay, I'm kidding. Actually the Winslow was more weight friendly for my truck but we did put a lot of Limited options on it. We use ours about 3 months out of the year and the rest of the time it is in our enclosed garage. I figure the rubber roof will outlive me.
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 02:51 PM   #18
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Hey, the main thing is you have an RV thet YOU like and you are having a great time. Get what you like and fits your budget. If it bothers the other guy too much, he can buy you a better one or move away from you...I park right up front.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:26 PM   #19

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Don't get me started.....we used to stop by the Shiner brewery from time to time and get a "party ball" (4 gals) and have it drank by the time we got back to San Antonio. Shiner was finer!!! Oh the good ol' days! rockin'
A party ball would last for years today. Just give me some Crown and I'm happy. It won't last near as long either.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:58 PM   #20

So if I buy a 2006 Limited, Is it better than an "Entry" level Winslow?
Old 10-02-2012, 08:01 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
A party ball would last for years today. Just give me some Crown and I'm happy. It won't last near as long either.
still, you done crack me up cause you're always talk about drinking Crown and Jack, but everytime I'm in town......you ain't got none around......what's up with that? You must be hiding it in your bibs..... big pockets ya know....
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-02-2012, 08:02 PM   #22

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollondown View Post
So if I buy a 2006 Limited, Is it better than an "Entry" level Winslow?
Oh heck yeah.....but that's an antique!!!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
If Tom had bought an entry level Winslow, he would have money to share the Crown.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:34 PM   #24

Excel Owners Club
Rollon,

The bar gets raised with every model year. The standards we built to in 2006 were among the highest for the time but wouldn't compare with the standard expected for 2013.

Although 2006 wasn't that long ago, it's light years in terms of the quality that is expected from consumers today vs 7 years ago.

From a manufacturer's perspective, today's Winslow compares or exceeds our Limited models of 2006 in every way except the fiberglass roof.

From the quality we've achieved by having 80 employees who truly care about EACH coach rather than in 2006 when we had 160 employees in order to meet higher demand. To solid surface countertops, to hickory and glazed maple cabinetry, frameless windows, better insulation (we are now guaranteed against freezing down to -10 instead of 0 degrees. Optional hand scraped hickory flooring....... And on & on.

I'm always so proud of what we are currently building and, being In a position to make changes as I feel are needed, always feel we are on the cutting edge of what's fresh and new. However, when I go to the service dept and look inside of a unit,that's even just 3 years old, I shake my head and smile, wondering to myself, why in the world did we do it THAT way!

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:35 PM   #25

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
still, you done crack me up cause you're always talk about drinking Crown and Jack, but everytime I'm in town......you ain't got none around......what's up with that? You must be hiding it in your bibs..... big pockets ya know....
And all you have is that OP from Wally World. It'll be bologna for you the next time we meet up and steak for everyone else.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:44 PM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Bryan is in one of those philosophical moods........let me sum it up for ya! PI is just getting better and better every day!!! Thats the country boy version!
Old 10-02-2012, 08:57 PM   #27

we stopped by at the shiner brewery a couple years ago. great tour....great beer. i can buy it in delaware. when the tour guide asked where we were from, i said " yuengling" country. she exclaimed "dick yuengling is my hero and i hope to visit pottsville pa to tour his brewery soon." don't know if she ever did, but its worth the trip. she gave me an extra helping of samples. so much good beer.....so little time.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:52 PM   #28

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by padutchmnm View Post
we stopped by at the shiner brewery a couple years ago. great tour....great beer. i can buy it in delaware. when the tour guide asked where we were from, i said " yuengling" country. she exclaimed "dick yuengling is my hero and i hope to visit pottsville pa to tour his brewery soon." don't know if she ever did, but its worth the trip. she gave me an extra helping of samples. so much good beer.....so little time.
If you really are a "dutchman" you know good beer by gosh!!! rockin'
"Im Himmel gibt's kein Bier" or In heaven there is no beer!