RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-30-2014, 04:12 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Lippert Level Up Wireless Remote?

Just wondering if any of the members here with a Level up system would be interested in the wireless remote control and module? I contacted Bryan @PI and asked if he could look into getting this for my unit and said if it was available I would have ordered it. He didn't seem interested to me....so just wondering.

I use a backup camera to hitch my trailer and when I get lined up to hitch usually have to get out and adjust the height on the jacks. If I had the remote in my hand the up or down adjustment would be made easier. We have traveled with our kids up until this year and one of the boys usually works the front jacks as I'm backing up. I know that getting in and out of the truck shouldn't be a problem but in a HDT is more of a challenge than a pickup.

I would like if PI could get the correct remote and module for what they are installing and I would buy it from their parts dept instead of dealing with Lippert where I got no where trying to get this product. Thoughts? Suggestions?

This from the info from Lippert.

“Any RV OEM already using our wireless remote system, Linc™, for their RVs can now connect it to work seamlessly with Level Up,” continued Murray. “For those who don’t have an existing wireless remote, and want to add one to their Level Up system only, we can provide that stand alone capability as well.”

Info

RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-30-2014, 07:25 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Sorry, but you know what I think of Lippert.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:15 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Well, I finally got to the bottom of the parts required to add remote control to the Auto Level Up System that came from the factory but, PI has no interest in offering it to their customers.

"Receiver 307272 and Remote 300951."
Old 02-07-2014, 11:49 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Well, I finally got to the bottom of the parts required to add remote control to the Auto Level Up System that came from the factory but, PI has no interest in offering it to their customers.

"Receiver 307272 and Remote 300951."
Can't you just go straight to Lippert for the parts? Do you have a price for these two pieces? I can't find a thing by Googling....... rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 08:47 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post

Can't you just go straight to Lippert for the parts? Do you have a price for these two pieces? I can't find a thing by Googling....... rockin'
Tom, obviously you have not tried to purchase from or deal with Lippert.

The Spanish Inquisition had a friendlier customer service department.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 09:17 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Tom, obviously you have not tried to purchase from or deal with Lippert.

The Spanish Inquisition had a friendlier customer service department.
Unfortunately I have. I have had better luck when having PI contact them in my behalf. How Lippert get away with their approach to customer service is beyond me. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 02-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #7

Brian is not stupid…He knows what works and what doesn't for his customers. Rather than giving a negative he takes the high road and avoids the question. He did that with me when asking about various options that I thought I just needed. I'm glad that he led me down the different path on choices. If other customers are having issues with items and being in his position I'm sure that he gets an earful on problems, he just doesn't offer them.
excel2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 04:12 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Well, since this is fairly new to the market I thought it would be something that the factory may be interested in. When I purchased my unit the above parts were not available or I would have ordered it. I did talk to Ralph and had emails with Bryan about the product. Since this type of automation is the future and I can buy both part numbers from more than a few of Excel's competitors I thought it may be something they would be interested in testing and selling.

I would much prefer to buy from PI knowing the parts are exactly what is needed and worked on Excel units. I will just order the parts from PI competition not Lippert since I can get a better price from them. Since PI deals with Lippert on so many other items I don't know why they would not offer it to a customer that is willing to buy it from them. Times are a lot better at PI these days than when I bought my unit and I do understand that smaller requests like this are time consuming and not that profitable.

Also excel2014,
I went back and read all the posts in this thread and nowhere did I see anyone calling Bryan "stupid".
Old 02-09-2014, 05:40 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Tom, speaking from dealing with Lippert on my axle. I got no response from them. First response that it was not their axle. That was the wrong answer. I had all the numbers off the axle and they finally admit that it was. Vicki at the service center also tried and they responded that they don't have parts for their axle and that I would have to order a new axle. I had all kinds of people looking for just the bearing and nothing to be found. I talked with a guy from Kodiak and he stated that I needed to measure the dia. of the spindle since Lippert used an 49mm size instead of the normal 50mm that other companies use.

I talked with two Excel dealers about trying to getting parts and neither of them had anything good to say about Lippert. My treatment from both Dealers was great. That's why they are dealers for Excel.

After going through all this, if Lippert was to go belly up, it would be an improvement for the RV industry. I personally would stay clear of anything with Lippert's name on it.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:04 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
I doubt you could build an RV that did not contain some product or part from Lippert.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
Tom, speaking from dealing with Lippert on my axle. I got no response from them. First response that it was not their axle. That was the wrong answer. I had all the numbers off the axle and they finally admit that it was. Vicki at the service center also tried and they responded that they don't have parts for their axle and that I would have to order a new axle. I had all kinds of people looking for just the bearing and nothing to be found. I talked with a guy from Kodiak and he stated that I needed to measure the dia. of the spindle since Lippert used an 49mm size instead of the normal 50mm that other companies use.

I talked with two Excel dealers about trying to getting parts and neither of them had anything good to say about Lippert. My treatment from both Dealers was great. That's why they are dealers for Excel.

After going through all this, if Lippert was to go belly up, it would be an improvement for the RV industry. I personally would stay clear of anything with Lippert's name on it.
Just curious. What type failure did you have on the Lippert axle? I could tell horror stories about my experience with Lippert....but I just don't think they aren't worth my time to write them! rockin'
Old 02-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #12

Lippert Customer Service

When we had a problem with our Lippert parts we left a kind and brief message on their facebook customer service page. ( not their regular page) and got a message within minutes followed by calls and direct action. The page was new and ours was the first post there.
As we had further problems we would contact that person and got results right away. It takes getting to the right person I think
Good luck
Tomngayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:31 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomngayle View Post
When we had a problem with our Lippert parts we left a kind and brief message on their facebook customer service page. ( not their regular page) and got a message within minutes followed by calls and direct action. The page was new and ours was the first post there.
As we had further problems we would contact that person and got results right away. It takes getting to the right person I think
Good luck
I posted to that page last night also. The thing I didn't like is they pulled the post. Must have something to hide. We'll see on Friday how they respond when we discuss my issue.
Old 02-13-2014, 08:10 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
I posted to that page last night also. The thing I didn't like is they pulled the post. Must have something to hide. We'll see on Friday how they respond when we discuss my issue.
I was looking at their page and I do see your post. Not Under reviews but the next section down under posts by others. We did have to wait for our axle to be manufactured but once I contacted customer service the order was taken directly off the assembly line to a truck and driven to Ohio to us. We were under warranty. Wishing you the best of results
Tomngayle is offline   Reply With Quote