Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-28-2010, 03:28 PM   #1

Loose wires

Hi,
My (2006 33RLO) outside shower hose knocked three wires loose from the outdoor-accessable lighting and water pump switches. The pictures attached show the 3 wires and the inside and outside views of the switches, plus the last picture is a closeup of the connector on the end of a wire pair.

I labeled the wires (A,B,C) and switch contacts (1,2,3) hoping that someone could tell me how to put the wires back. Is it C-to-1, A-to-2, B-to-3 (are the A and B wires interchangeable?)

Also, that 'replace.jpg' connector doesn't seem to be securely fastened and I was wondering where to get a replacement. I tried several places, but no luck. Is it a special connector, or should it be commonly found -- is there a part number?

Thanks!!
Brian
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3 wires.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	201.9 KB
ID:	4191   Click image for larger version

Name:	switches inside.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	123.4 KB
ID:	4192  

Click image for larger version

Name:	switches outside.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	4193   Click image for larger version

Name:	replace.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	4194  

BrianTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-28-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTX View Post
Is it a special connector, or should it be commonly found -- is there a part number?.
Brian, That's just a yellow female spade connector. It's a very common connector. It's easy to find at any electrical part reseller including Walmart. What I would do is cut off the connector and get an additional short length of wire. Strip and bring both existing wires together and the 3rd shorter length of wire. Wire nut that connection (not crimp). Take the short length of wire (10" to 12") you added and crimp it by itself onto a Blue female Spade connector. You should not crimp 2 wires on one connector, it's not rated for that. One connector, 1 wire.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #3

Brian, not being there to check with a meter....I would guess that 'C' is for the Utility and scene light. C to 3. The wire still atached should be the +12dc. On my switch for the lights the utility and scene lights at connected together just outside the switch.

Would have to guess that the other two wires go to the other switch, the water pump. One should be +12v and the goes to the pump. If you have a meter to check for voltage that would be the best thing to to.

I would conncect the lights first and if it works...the other two goes to the pump. Without a meter to determine the +12v, and if the switch isn't marked as such...connect the wires to the switch in the off position and and pump shouldn't run, as the switch is an on/off...I would try A to 1 and B to 2.

Agree with DriVer on the connector.

workhorse

Old 05-29-2010, 06:20 AM   #4

Just read my reply post...should have read it before posting, get rushed to dinner and see what happens...

On the wire above #3, there is a wire crimp. Can't see the entire crimp/wire and would assume there are two wires below the crimp? If so does one of those wire go to either of the connectors marked A or B ? If so connect it to #1 on the back of the pump switch and connect the other to #2.