Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #1

Model Numbers - 28TRW?

I am struggling to understand what models numbers might mean. Is there some kind of intelligence in the model numbers?

Specifically, I am strongly considering a 28TRW and was trying to find a way to figure out what else was out on the market. So I find TROs and a variety of other alphabet soup identities. And then the numerics do not appear to truly represent the length of the 5ers.

Any help?

Yes, I do also respect an answer might be - hey there, when you find a 5er that you like, then why worry yourself about what else is in the market? My short answer to that is that I like to avoid buyers remorse by being thorough in my investigation. And what better thing can I do in the winter months of MN than research my next 5er.
touringmn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2013, 12:12 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringmn View Post
Specifically, I am strongly considering a 28TRW and was trying to find a way to figure out what else was out on the market. So I find TROs and a variety of other alphabet soup identities. And then the numerics do not appear to truly represent the length of the 5ers.
Sorry, I don't know what TRW stands for, but I imagine someone will come along that can tell you.

We have a 30RKE. The RKE stands for Rear Kitchen Enclosed Bath. There's also a 30RKO, where the "O" stands for Open Bath.

As for the numerics not truly representing the length, from what I've seen, that's true of almost every brand and model of RV out there.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:50 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Welcome touring.

Linda is telling you the truth about the codes. On Peterson rigs the the numbers represent the length(pretty much inside measurements.......but not so on some other brands.

Also the codes usually have the floorplan representation, but not always. Ours is a L33 GKE.......L is limited, G is gourmet K is for kitchen and E is the enclosed bath.

We used to have a L35 FLR......which is F is front L is living room R is reversed (floorplan is reverse floorplan from the previous model FLE.....clear as mud right?

You may want to do a search on this forum as we talked about this subject a long time ago......dated but will give you more info you are after. rockin'

I know from the codes you give off the top of my head you are dealing with a classic or the RT model which is an entry level rig. Here we go again!!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
....I know from the codes you give off the top of my head you are dealing with a classic or the RT model which is an entry level rig. Here we go again!!! rockin'
Hey, I resemble that remark....

I have a 2013 Excel Winslow 34IKE. I "think" the I stands for island and the KE for kitchen and entertainment center in slide. Mine has the Walk Through Bath.

It has approximately 34' of linear interior floor space front to back and is about 36' long exterior.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	34IKE.gif
Views:	76
Size:	39.1 KB
ID:	31583  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:07 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Here's the floorplan for a 2007 Excel RT 28TRW:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	28TRW.gif
Views:	83
Size:	14.5 KB
ID:	31584  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Doc, You are pretty close on yours......Island Kitchen Enclosed bath
On the floorplan schematic they classify our Walkthru baths with a W, but when it comes right down to it.......they call it an E bath.....

Like I said it aint' a perfect world. Them folks at PI always keep us wonderin'

I found the post I was talking about a few post back.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote