Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2015, 12:33 PM   #1

Mor Ryde/Disc Breaks

Does anyone have any literature or suggestions for maintenance on the mor ryde suspension?

What type of fluid should I add for the disc brakes?

Thanks!
WorkRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2015, 02:32 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Please be more specific. Which MorRyde suspension?

DOT 3 on the brake fluid.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:52 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Please be more specific. Which MorRyde suspension?

DOT 3 on the brake fluid.
It's on a 06' excel, the suspension has big rubber blocks on it that look like they are sandwiched between metal plates.

When I find the documentation i'll post more specific info.

DOT 3, got it.

Does the fluid ever need changing? It's a 10yo coach, should I have someone pour in as I bleed the lines and replace/flush all or most of the fluid?
WorkRVing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:35 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
I think you are referring to the "IS" system. If so, normal lubrication, inspection and replacement of the rubber blocks when it becomes cracked/weak. Alignment is critical on this suspension.

I think most folks find that replacement of the rubber block is necessary, they move to the next capacity up, especially if they loaded near the max. rockin'

Not looked up the specific interval for brake fluid change....but I for sure would bleed out the old fluid and introduced fresh fluid. Brake fluid has a great affinity for moisture and that's one of the bad guys in the brake system. Very cheap insurance. Even though my vehicles may not have a regular service interval on brake fluid change I do it for my piece of mind. Many foreign cars have a regular service interval on brake fluid. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 11-19-2015, 11:08 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
WorkRVing,

Rockin' is right about the blocks and the alignment. The blocks can wear out due to age and use. I have already had to align our rig earlier this year. Not everyone can align this suspension. I would be leery of using someone not recommended by Mor Ryde. And since this is a proprietary system, the cost for an alignment is more expensive.

I have the IS system on our rig. Attached are three manuals for the IS system. Two for maintenance and one for alignment shops. Not all shops listed align the IS, so you need to call first.

The IS system is for the axle and spindle only; you will need to check the brake hub to determine the manufacturer.

1415048004-ISOwnersManual.pdf

1415048004-ISServiceManual.pdf

1427894442-Alignment Service Centers .pdf
CARLnJANIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
X2......everthing Carl says!
Old 12-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #7

My 31IKE was in for service and I had the dealer do the required annual Pennsylvania state inspection. I have the MorRyde IS/Disc Brake option and they found a small leak in the brake line caused by poor installation at PI. The way they routed the line had it rubbing against metal eventually causing the leak. If you've got the IS/Disc Brake set up check the brake line path and avoid a potential problem.
BRS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 11:58 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRS50 View Post
My 31IKE was in for service and I had the dealer do the required annual Pennsylvania state inspection. I have the MorRyde IS/Disc Brake option and they found a small leak in the brake line caused by poor installation at PI. The way they routed the line had it rubbing against metal eventually causing the leak. If you've got the IS/Disc Brake set up check the brake line path and avoid a potential problem.
Thanks Brad, will add that to my pre-travel checklist.
CARLnJANIS is offline   Reply With Quote