Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-25-2010, 01:53 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
motel in Smith Center?

We'll be going to the factory in May, and wondered if any of you have stayed in a motel in Smith Center that was "dog friendly"?
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2010, 02:54 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
I'm sure that will not be a problem. I just never stayed in a motel when I had our dogs along. I have only stayed at the US Center motel. If you are having you Excel worked on at the service center, they will pull it out every night and you can sleep in it. you will have to take the dogs out during the day. I would take a kennel with you if you need to stay in a motel.

DiscoverSmithCenter.com

Here is link to motels etc. in Smith Center
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Not to steal any threads, but are there any nearby campgrounds? We are visiting the factory in May for a refresher tour on our way to W. CO and we will need a 1 - 2 night stay somewhere nearby. The last time we toured the factory was in May of 2007 before we bought our first used 28rgo coach.

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 06:26 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
I'm sure that will not be a problem. I just never stayed in a motel when I had our dogs along. I have only stayed at the US Center motel. If you are having you Excel worked on at the service center, they will pull it out every night and you can sleep in it. you will have to take the dogs out during the day. I would take a kennel with you if you need to stay in a motel.

DiscoverSmithCenter.com

Here is link to motels etc. in Smith Center
Oh for goodness sakes Still......all of the motels in SC are the dumps......their dog wouldn't stay there.....shame on you. I only speak from experience. I would try to see if the B&B in SC would allow pups. http://www.ingleboromansion.com/ (you have a choice if you want breakfast or not). Suggest breakfast at the 2nd Cup downtown.....lunch at Pizza Hut or Jiffy Burger. Duffy's for prime rib dinner. None are super-duper, but OK and the best around. Check out this thread we've put together some time back...dated but mostly the same today. ThingsIwishedIknewinSmithCenter HTHs

Dave,

There is a little ma and pa RV Park in SC on the west side of PI, just west of Glenn's Market. It's called Sunset RV and owned by Sharon and Randy Meyer. 785 282-6062. Park has 12 grass pull thrus with soft 30 amp and sewer. Can be a mess when it rains as it's a muddy mess. The owner's are nice and it is adequate at about $15.00 (cash or check only) a night. Sites electrical boxes are double breakered so find out when the primary park box is in case you blow a breaker (the primary also seems to blow first).

I don't know where this SKIA name came from...... Have fun!!! rockybaby
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 07:31 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Thanks for the ideas, the B&B mentions in its literature that you can board the dogs at a kennel, so that's out - our dogs can't tolerate kennels, so we might just have to go the dump - Service said we can't plan on staying in our unit. Looks like there isn't much sightseeing around - any fishing spots?
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 08:30 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
I've stayed in the motels in SC and they are DUMPS. Once, the B&B was full and we were having our rotten slideout bottoms replaced again and couldn't sleep in our trailer. We chose to drive over to Phillipsburg and stayed at the Cottonwood Inn. If the dumps in SC are a 3 or 4, the Cottonwood Inn is a 6. I could tolerate a 6. see...http://www.phillipsburgks.us/busines...wood/index.htm

I can tell you that the B&B is nice and we thought a GREAT value for around $70 inclulding a delicious breakfast for the two of us.
Old 02-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #7

While at PI, note that the service center also has a nice waiting/lounge area with games, TVs, a washer & dryer, and showers. They did have WiFi, but I couldn't connect to it. I ended up using their computer in the waiting area.
Old 02-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
I've stayed in the motels in SC and they are DUMPS. Once, the B&B was full and we were having our rotten slideout bottoms replaced again and couldn't sleep in our trailer. We chose to drive over to Phillipsburg and stayed at the Cottonwood Inn. If the dumps in SC are a 3 or 4, the Cottonwood Inn is a 6. I could tolerate a 6. see...The "New" Cottonwood Inn

I can tell you that the B&B is nice and we thought a GREAT value for around $70 inclulding a delicious breakfast for the two of us.
Once in a great while, me and ol' Virg agree on something.......well here it is again.

You'd think that PI and their customers would have enough influence/impact on the traffic in SC to justify at least a fresh Super 8!!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:04 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Once in a great while, me and ol' Virg agree on something.......well here it is again.

You'd think that PI and their customers would have enough influence/impact on the traffic in SC to justify at least a fresh Super 8!!! rockin'
Sorry for the poor advice as I have not stayed in the motels for several years. The one that I mention was owned by a couple that owned it for 25+ years and did keep it nice and clean. Stayed there in 1980 while working in SC then the next time was in early 2000. Old and dated but nice and clean at that time. Might have changed owners since that time.

SKIA and Virgil probalby know best. As for a new motel I don't belive there is enough traffic through SC to support a Super 8. (Profit margin) Most of us Exceler's are able to stay in our rigs.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 08:46 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
KU9L, Within about 45 miles of SC, East to Hwy 14 then North to Lovewell Lake, is an excellent campgrounds with all amenities and cabins also. Around May the fishing would be excellent. I spent many years camping there with my parents. Eight miles further down the road is Superior, Ne which has an excellent motel, the Victorian Inn.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:21 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
We also stayed at Lovewell Resevoir when we visited the factory - Bryan recommended it. Wewere camping in a tet at the timeandgot caught in a microburst storm.My husband tells the story on our blog. Here is the link to the story: Flamingo on a Stick: The Visit. We want to visit the park again but this time in our Excel!
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
soft 30 amp
What does that mean?
LindaH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Just re-read my post hope you can read it - need a new keyboard! Some letter keys and the space bar don't work unless you sit on them.
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 09:03 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
The Ingleboro Inn is pretty hard to beat, if they will let you bring your dog. And their breakfast is way over the top!
KTM Guy is offline   Reply With Quote