Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2023, 07:05 PM   #1

New Excel Owner

As an owner of a trailer sales & repair (horse, flatbed, cargo) business, I came across a 2011 Excel 28’ Windsor 5th wheel.

It’s everything I expected it to be plus some. We took our first trip last week to Big Bend. We made our list of add ons and upgrades. We’re back home in New Mexico getting it ready for more adventures.

I’d love to communicate with other owners.

I’m especially interested in seeing whether Peterson ever produced a parts breakdown model for their trailers that maybe dealers could get.

Does anyone know where I might find one?

Besides other questions, I specifically want to know more about the Pivot Ease. The hose it came with only comes out about 1’ from the end. The manual says I should get a total of 20’.

Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if there’s another forum for these.

Thank you,

Morey
Morey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-11-2023, 09:45 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Welcome to the group Morley. You have landed at a good spot for answers to your questions, especially if you search the history here on this site. An even better place for quicker answers would be on Facebook’s “Excel RV owners group”.
Now, to answer your questions:
I don’t think Peterson ever made a parts breakdown list for each of their trailer models. However, we are blessed to have Excel Service Center in Smith Center, KA ( where your Excel was made). They can answer any question you may have about obtaining parts for your Excel.
It sounds like you’re PivotEZ is functional except for the length of the hose. All you have to do is take the pivot easy apart and replace the hose. If I remember right it should have about 15 foot of hose inside. Happy Trails
Don
dw8ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 09:48 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Morey,

Welcome as an Excel owner. We've had our 30RSO (32') since 2014 and still love it. Where are you located in NM? We're in Santa Fe.

They are a great RV. We've had very few issues with it over the years. Done perhaps 70 mods to it to make fit our needs better, some big some small.

Early on I spent hours going though every system to understand and document exactly what we had and how it operated. I like knowing how things work when working correctly before they break. Makes repairs much faster and easier.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2023, 11:38 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dw8ite View Post
Welcome to the group Morley. You have landed at a good spot for answers to your questions, especially if you search the history here on this site. An even better place for quicker answers would be on Facebook’s “Excel RV owners group”.
Now, to answer your questions:
I don’t think Peterson ever made a parts breakdown list for each of their trailer models. However, we are blessed to have Excel Service Center in Smith Center, KA ( where your Excel was made). They can answer any question you may have about obtaining parts for your Excel.
It sounds like you’re PivotEZ is functional except for the length of the hose. All you have to do is take the pivot easy apart and replace the hose. If I remember right it should have about 15 foot of hose inside. Happy Trails
Don
It must have an older style hose. I can only get a 7 footer in the tube. That gives me about a foot coming out the end of the Pivot. The owners manual says I should get about 20 total feet. I’ll call the Service Center Monday to see what hose it originally came with. Maybe I can find one of those.
Thank you very much.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:38 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I never liked the Pivot solution. Either did not have enough hose length or forced me to park differently so the Pivot did not over extend the length to the drain.

I removed all of the Pivot parts and added a new gate valve at the edge of the trailer and carry about 24' of hose under the RV in a 5x5" PVC fence post. I now have three of these fence post tubes to contain the sewer hose and other long items. Problem solved.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
rarebear.nm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2023, 07:47 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
I really like the Pivot-EZ sewer hose compartment. I keep a 10' Rhinoflex sewer hose in the Pivot-EZ. It fits with room to spare. https://a.co/d/9UOiVAM
The 10' is long enough for 90% of our campsites. I carry a couple of extra 10' Rhinoflex sewer hoses for the sites that need extension or my main hose fails.

Here's a video on the Pivot-EZ:
https://youtu.be/utpc7C9rhEg

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2023, 08:02 AM   #7

I think that’s the only vid out there on the Pivot.
I think you’ve given me the answer I’m looking for.
Old 02-13-2023, 08:04 AM   #8

Sounds great.
Any chance you can post a pic of your fence post tubes installed?
Old 02-22-2023, 04:51 PM   #9

Not to over step, but if you go to page 3, under a topic titled "where to you store your extra sewer hose" there are some photos there.

Just this weekend I had to disconnect the pivot ease and get out an extra hose because I parked to close to the drain. I carry extra hose and connectors in a milk crate in the bed of the truck for those occasions. I have always intended to put the fence post idea on but have never gotten around to it yet.....
Masch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
excel