Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
New Excel Website Launched

Hello all....

Please take a moment to visit our newly designed website. Let us know what you think. We are going to a CMS (content management) site so that we can keep the content updated more regularly.

I will also be trying my hand at blogging. I'm not very good at it but stay tuned.

ALSO.... during the change-over (that was SUPPOSE to go smoothly) we lost our email for about 18 hours. IF you sent us any email, or if you happened to register for the family reunion any time after 4:30 yesterday afternoon (5/30/2009) please re-send your email.

Thanks to all for your support and we hope you enjoy our new site.

Bryan
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2009, 11:52 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Link to Excel Website

Bryan,

I just took a very quick look at the website. Looks nice! I know almost everyone here knows the website address, but thought I'd include it just in case. http://www.excelrvs.com/ rockintom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Kudos Bryan!! F-i-n-a-l-l-y a web home that matches your product -- outstanding! Now, to convince Marilyn that we need to upgrade next year??
Old 03-31-2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Administrator in Memoriam

Appalachian Campers
Bryan,

Great looking websiite.

Just for a 'heads up', your link labeled "Excel Forums" is pointing to our old forum which is closed. A better and more useful link would be to the Excel Forum at our new vBulletin platform.
Old 03-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Excel website

Bryan,

Thank you, thank you, thank you.
I knew you could do it.

See you in Smith Center.

red
Old 03-31-2009, 06:01 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Bryan the web site looks very good and easy to navigate but did notice that you did not include the PRICE CALCULATOR I found this option to be very valuable and think many other Excel owners did also. Could this be added????
Rsteabag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 10:22 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Bryan,
Site looks nice so far. One comment tho. Your Online Store. I kinda wondered if it was another company's site that you link to. Wasn't hard to confirm. The home page shows a class C motor home next to Welcome to the Peterson Industries, Inc. - Excel RVs Online Parts and Accessories Catalog!

Ooo wait, reloading the page shows the inside of a tent camper. Then a class B! A truck camper!!

Finally a pic of a 5ver, but it doesn't look like a you-know-what.

Kinda funny. But also confusing to the uninformed customer. I would talk with these guys. Shouldn't be a stretch for them to show only a pic of your choice when a user calls up their web site from your own.

Rock on!
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:09 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Brian, very nice but I couldn't find the options page, was that omitted or do my glasses need cleaning again?
Money Bags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 11:24 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
The new site looks very nice. Just one glitch I noticed. Under the "5th Wheels" then "Compare Models" tab, the drop down menu allows a choice of lines to compare, but then never gets to the models to compare. Could be they just haven't loaded them in yet.
Also, from a personal preference kind of thing, I'd like to see the option to turn music on or off on a page. Music can sometimes be distracting and sometimes just down right annoying.
sfischer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 02:59 PM   #10
mre

Great website. Easy to use and informative. The only suggestion I would have would be to have a map of the U.S. in which one could click on a given state to locate a Excel dealer. I know MonacoMamma has one posted in the forum, but don't know how accurate it is given the dealer closings. I say this because many dealers stock different units and in our travels, I will sometimes deviate from our route to stop by an RV dealer to look at a unit that may be in stock. This would also make it easier for nonforum members to locate dealers.

thanks
ed
Old 04-01-2009, 03:09 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ed rzepka View Post
Great website. Easy to use and informative. The only suggestion I would have would be to have a map of the U.S. in which one could click on a given state to locate a Excel dealer. I know MonacoMamma has one posted in the forum, but don't know how accurate it is given the dealer closings...
thanks
ed
Ed... you are correct and that is why I made that map up. My map is pretty accurate because the Members and Bryan tend to let me know if there is a closure anywhere out there...
MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 07:46 PM   #12
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonacoMama View Post
Ed... you are correct and that is why I made that map up. My map is pretty accurate because the Members and Bryan tend to let me know if there is a closure anywhere out there...
MM
MM

Thanks

ed
Old 04-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Bryan,

I just read your blog at the PI/Excel website. Nice job for the first try. Keep up the good. work.

Also great to hear that some of the workforce is being recalled as business picks up again. I'm sure that we all shared your confidence that things would begin to improve before too long.
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bryan's blog, excel, excelrvguy, new excel website, peterson industries, www.excelrvs.com