Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2012, 11:31 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce and Jenna View Post
When I went to Sutton for service in 2006 and had to stay over for a second day, they took me to the only "camping" they had. Was behind some business and next to [about 200' from] a self-service fuel station.

Oil on the ground, trash bin ahead. To get to the water spigot for the building, I had to reach through razor wire.

So I would check with them to be sure.

If NG, you can find a fancy campground right next to the freeway - Premier RV Resort and 10 miles from Sutton. Or a nice county campground, Armitage County Park, 8 miles away.
Bruce and Jenna, thanks for the gouge and the pic...very helpful! I have checked with Sutton and they are fine with putting me up for a night. I will arrive there on a Monday morning. They will use all day Monday to install my hitch in the truck and I will do the walk thru on the WC while they are installing the hitch. All should be complete by COB Monday so I guess it is possible I could go else where Monday night. As of right now I plan on staying at Sutton Monday night then heading over to Armitage Tuesday. Maybe I should reconsider and go to Armitage a day earlier.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #30

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuktu78 View Post
Bruce and Jenna, thanks for the gouge and the pic...very helpful! I have checked with Sutton and they are fine with putting me up for a night. I will arrive there on a Monday morning. They will use all day Monday to install my hitch in the truck and I will do the walk thru on the WC while they are installing the hitch. All should be complete by COB Monday so I guess it is possible I could go else where Monday night. As of right now I plan on staying at Sutton Monday night then heading over to Armitage Tuesday. Maybe I should reconsider and go to Armitage a day earlier.
Not only is Armitage a very nice park, but it has wide roads and some big spaces for that monster of an RV you gittin'. Should not have any trouble with availability this time of year.

Tho that place next to the gas pumps had pretty good access too, for all the commercial trucks.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce and Jenna View Post
Not only is Armitage a very nice park, but it has wide roads and some big spaces for that monster of an RV you gittin'. Should not have any trouble with availability this time of year.

Tho that place next to the gas pumps had pretty good access too, for all the commercial trucks.
Hmmmm, it's really a hard choice between gas pumps and RV park...but maybe I should stay next to the gas pumps bc that monster RV will cause my truck to guzzle the fuel .
Old 02-29-2012, 08:39 AM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuktu78 View Post
Hmmmm, it's really a hard choice between gas pumps and RV park...but maybe I should stay next to the gas pumps bc that monster RV will cause my truck to guzzle the fuel .
Good call. Just watch out with the razor wire.

Or just fill up your water before hand. Then you can park right next to the fuel pump and leave the pump handle connected to your filler tube. Cause likely you will guzzle diesel even with the engine off.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #33

Excel Owners Club
Makes a Walmart parking lot look like a luxury RV Park!!
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #34

Leaving this Sunday to go pick it up! Needless to say I'm a little excited, heck, it is just past 2 am and I can't sleep bc I keep thinking about the trailer!
Old 03-16-2012, 08:50 AM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEAMTJ View Post
Leaving this Sunday to go pick it up! Needless to say I'm a little excited, heck, it is just past 2 am and I can't sleep bc I keep thinking about the trailer!
Just keep acting like a KID!! It is hard to get over for several years.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 09:59 PM   #36

After a couple of sleepness nights, the big day is almost here. I'm headed up to Eugene, OR Sunday morning to get the new WC 41GKE!!! I'll post some pics once I get up there.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:37 PM   #37

Picked up the new WC today...

Tonight is the first night in it...hopefully all goes well.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:59 PM   #38

Excel Owners Club
And Tim you seem so calm.......I bet you are doing it in your ball glove!!!! How exciting! Keep us posted! We share your excitement! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #39

Rockin', I seem calm only because I'm am absolutely exhausted from being so darn excited for the last couple of weeks ! I'm parked tonight and plan on going to bed early so tomorrow I'll be well rested in order to go thru and over everything will a fine tooth comb. Gotta find any issues before I leave Eugene.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:08 PM   #40

Excel Owners Club
Tim,
Congrat's on the new rig! Looks great....please post some more pics when you get a chance. How did the pre delivery inspection go?
Old 03-19-2012, 08:18 PM   #41

Rick,

First, I have to thank you for asking for PI for this floor plan! The setup/design is phenomenal! I'll post more pics once I get the WC home and get everything moved into it. The PDI seems to have gone well. I don't have any complaints about Sutton RV. They have been great to deal with. So far I've found only a couple of minor issues. Btw, did your TH come with a ladder for the top bunk in the garage? I ask because I can lower the bottom couch all the way down, but the upper bed will only go about 1/2 way down requiring a ladder to get in bed. There are no pins keeping the bed from going all the way down, but it seems something else stops it.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:49 PM   #42

Excel Owners Club
Tim,

Glad to hear everything went well with the PDI. It is always nice when you have a good dealer you can work with. I am really lucky to have a great dealer to work with here in my home city. The rear bunk is working right...top bunk stops half way down. We have a ladder that came with our front area loft bed that we can use. My boys have no problem stepping up from the bottom to the top bunk but they always use a small folding step stool like this we have with us. Once again Congrats ......this unit is a very large investment and I wish you and your family many happy outings in the new WC.