Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2012, 07:01 PM   #1

New Wild Cargo 41GKE

All much anticipation, the WC made it to Oregon today. Here's some pics:

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-24-2012, 07:10 PM   #2

Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
WOW!! That is nice. Enjoy.
Chickenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:11 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Wow Tim!!! What a beauty! I bet you're getting real excited now!!! Wonder why the W/D are not stacked like ours? I'm sure there is a good reason.

May you and your family have lots and lots of fun in that beauty. Gotta give her a good name like you did Tator Tot!!! rockin' and Ms. Donna
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Really nice looking rig.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 11:44 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
I just have one thing to say. It is just terrible. Terrible nice. Your going to really enjoy it.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Kewl. Guess you can change your signature, cause the Wild Cargo is in the building. [Actually, it is the building.]

Now the fun begins.

Could you take a few pics of the basement utilities? I want to see how PI is installing their innards these days, and I can't find a new one to look on.
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 09:40 AM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Tim,
Congrats on the new WC. Looks great. I really like the extra storage space.
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #8

Thanks everyone. We are really excited to take delivery. I will head up to Eugene is about three weeks to pick it up...although I'm sure this is going to be the longest three weeks of my life !

@ Bruce and Jenna, remind me about the pics in about a month, after I get the unit and I'd be glad to send some your way.

@ Tom, I have no idea why they are not stacked like yours...I was surprised too but I like it.

@ Rick, yes we definitely wanted lots of storage. Each section of the booth has storage under it as well. We have a couple of mods in mind already for the garage to add a bit more storage too.

More pics are here: Wild Cargo pictures by timbuktu78 - Photobucket
Old 02-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbuktu78 View Post
Thanks everyone. We are really excited to take delivery. I will head up to Eugene is about three weeks to pick it up...although I'm sure this is going to be the longest three weeks of my life !

@ Bruce and Jenna, remind me about the pics in about a month, after I get the unit and I'd be glad to send some your way.

@ Tom, I have no idea why they are not stacked like yours...I was surprised too but I like it.

@ Rick, yes we definitely wanted lots of storage. Each section of the booth has storage under it as well. We have a couple of mods in mind already for the garage to add a bit more storage too.

More pics are here: Wild Cargo pictures by timbuktu78 - Photobucket
Tom,

Did you not think about your height? Too short to reach that high to the dryer!
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 04:29 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor2BnC View Post
Tom,

Did you not think about your height? Too short to reach that high to the dryer!
You are right 99, our W/D is in the bedroom and Tims is in the E bathroom without a pocket door. Bet it has more heigth on Tim's closet. But, they didn't have a gap on the stackables on the older rigs that way....I'm sure there is a good reason why. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 05:15 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Bet it has more heigth on Tim's closet. rockin'
That's right Tom, I'm bigger! haha!
Old 02-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #12

If you look closely at this pic it looks like there are some loose wires hanging just below the forward side headboard. Any know what this could be? And I thought PI built a wood slide that you could open or close for the ceiling vent to block out the light? Tom, your's has this.

Anyone know what the purpose of having this compartment door leading to the garage?

And y'all might have figured out based on my previous posts that this is the plumbing I had run and capped off to the garage so I could install my own deep sink. I think I'm going to have to remove the TV cabinet though to do this. But I plan on building a partial closet from the bottom of the over head storage down to the floor with room for the deep sink on the side of the closet.

Old 02-25-2012, 06:08 PM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Tim, for the side door in the toy department, I store four pads that I can use under the jacks when parking on soft soil. They go under the floor in that small storage area. It also allows me to reach my leveling blocks that I store just inside to put under the wheels when parking on a unlevel parking site. I have way to much stuff in the front compartment to put much more up there.

One thing to remember is with all the storage you have it will never be enough.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:25 PM   #14

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
Tim, for the side door in the toy department, I store four pads that I can use under the jacks when parking on soft soil. They go under the floor in that small storage area. It also allows me to reach my leveling blocks that I store just inside to put under the wheels when parking on a unlevel parking site. I have way to much stuff in the front compartment to put much more up there.

One thing to remember is with all the storage you have it will never be enough.
That's a great idea about putting the blocks in that little compartment! Since I'm new to the whole hydraulic leveling system, please humor me, why do you use blocks under the tires if the ground is unlevel? Isn't that what the leveling system is for? Or do you do that to get a better initial level so the feet on each hydraulic leveler doesn't get torqued from being put at a weird angle?

Storage is a double edged sword. It's easy to fill up which makes you want more, but if you fill it up, you really have to watch your weight bc chances are you'll be over loaded. At least that's been the case for us.