Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-15-2012, 04:52 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
NuWa

This is not good.

RV.Net Open Roads Forum: Fifth-Wheels: NuWa Closing
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
NuWa Industries, Inc.
Old 08-15-2012, 06:54 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Sad.

NuWa was on my short list when I was shopping for my next 5th wheel.

I recently ordered a Excel Winslow.

I hope Peterson Industries can weather the storm. At least I ponied up to help.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:25 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
I copied this from Mike Mitchell's statement.....

NuWa is committed to and will continue to provide retail sales of new and used HitchHIkers and other high end 5th wheel brands. We continue to explore having limited HitchHiker models produced to our specifications by another high
end manufacturer.

Hmmmm........I wonder whom that might be? Hmmmmmm.......rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post

NuWa is committed to and will continue to provide retail sales of new and used HitchHIkers and other high end 5th wheel brands. We continue to explore having limited HitchHiker models produced to our specifications by another high
end manufacturer.

New 2012 Peterson Excel Snowbird 34 FK Fifth Wheels at Kansas RV Center Chanute Kansas Kansas RV Center
Old 08-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #6
JDT

The day we ordered our Winslow we were scheduled to take the factory tour at NuWa. Their lack of a customized front end cap to accomadate our short bed truck and non-availabilty of a residential fridge are the main reasons we went with Excel. Plus, I think the personal touch provided at Peterson is a rarity in a manufacturing business. What I hate is the affect it has the employees and community. I wish them well.
JDT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:44 AM   #7
edj

Quote:

end manufacturer.

A merging of production of both brands would be a great deal for both Excel and NuWa. They are relatively close geographically, sell to the same market segment and both have a high reputation for quality.
edj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 11:19 AM   #8

Thor Owners Club
I think thats a way of trying to spin something good out of this halt in production. Its sort of like seeing brown paper on the windows of your favourite restaraunt with a sign that says rennovating, opening soon. After a few months you realize they are not opening again. I think this is the beginning of the end of the company. Personally if I had an order in I would cancel it. Another orphan brand.
Fred1609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 12:42 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
If Peterson is really going to build them going forward, I'm not sure I would cancel my order. Guess it would depend on where the warranty was housed.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:06 PM   #10

New 2013 HitchHiker 300FK Discover America

We just took deliver on the 19th and bought it from Mr Mitchell. What a great guy to work with and the rig is perfect. We had to have a 30ft. because our cabin at Hollister,MO does not have parking for a larger unit. We traded in our Excel 26TRW and now we have pleny of room for snowbirding. We can no longer buy Excel as they have moved to such heavy rigs. I have a 2010 Dodge Ram 2500 and this Hitchhiker is perfect. It would sure be nice if NUWA would be the first to stay with this size. As the big rigs are sitting all over as no one wants to buy the fuel to pull them. I have no fear of owning a rig that is not being made anymore as long as the service is there and it appears it will for some time. This is by far the nicest 5th wheel we have ever owned. The Bigfoot leveling is awsome. I have finally found a rig that my wife loves. We have owned since 2000: 3 Excels and this is our 2nd Hitchhiker.
Quote:

end manufacturer.

michaelengle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:48 PM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelengle View Post
We just took deliver on the 19th and bought it from Mr Mitchell. What a great guy to work with and the rig is perfect. We had to have a 30ft. because our cabin at Hollister,MO does not have parking for a larger unit. We traded in our Excel 26TRW and now we have pleny of room for snowbirding. We can no longer buy Excel as they have moved to such heavy rigs....

What's the weight and size difference between the HitchHiker 300FK Discover America and the Excel Winslow 31RSE?

Similar floor plan, weight and length from what I see....

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote