Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
parlor slide gasket

The rubber seal between the parlor slide and the body of the trailer keeps sliding out of position at several spots.
I have and also the dealer has pinched the gasket where the clips are and it did not help. Any ideas on how to fix this problem

Rockin', I know, pictures, pictures, pictures

red
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-02-2010, 07:00 AM   #2

I'd like to know, too. Every once in awhile, our kitchen seal pops off. I've lubed the seals and that helped. But I don't think that will solve the issue here. David
Old 09-02-2010, 07:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcow View Post
The rubber seal between the parlor slide and the body of the trailer keeps sliding out of position at several spots.
I have and also the dealer has pinched the gasket where the clips are and it did not help. Any ideas on how to fix this problem

Rockin', I know, pictures, pictures, pictures

red
Who makes your RV?
TomDible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:36 AM   #4

Quote:
red
I will assume that the gasket/seal is the same as what is on my 2001....

I have not had this problem with my units seals but have removed them to complete the last repair to the wall/header. Post #75.

As you mentioned 'pinching' the clips....I would lift up a section of the trim where the problem exist, or the entire length and check to insure there isn't any silicone or other lube type material that was sprayed/applied to the gasket or trim during installation inorder to install the gaskets easier. To provide a good grip, it needs to be clean or not slick. Might try using a cleaner/alcohol on the trim/clip area if in question and see if that helps.

The RV's are make by Perterson Ind., either the Winslow or Excel.

workhorse
Old 09-02-2010, 08:54 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomDible View Post
Who makes your RV?
It is a 2010 Winslow made by Peterson Industries.
Old 09-02-2010, 09:00 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
red,

My slide seals on my new Journey kept coming off in areas on every slide cycle. Reinstalling did no good. I used some 3M weatherstrip adhesive (the yellow quick drying kind-referred to as “snot”) I think the part number is 8001, about $8 a tube available at any parts store. Be very careful as this stuff is stringy and messy, but works great. I've used it for years in automotive apps. Have some rags available. No more problem. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 03:10 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
red,

My slide seals on my new Journey kept coming off in areas on every slide cycle. Reinstalling did no good. I used some 3M weatherstrip adhesive (the yellow quick drying kind-referred to as “snot”) I think the part number is 8001, about $8 a tube available at any parts store. Be very careful as this stuff is stringy and messy, but works great. I've used it for years in automotive apps. Have some rags available. No more problem. rockin'
rockin',
Thanks Tom...I will try that as soon as I get some cash for that expensive stuff.
Remember, a couple months ago I had to feed a homeless person a huge steak dinner that cost me a bundle. This bum was not even grateful enough to listen to my stories all day.

red
Old 09-02-2010, 05:58 PM   #8

Wow, what are the chances- I was just replacing mine today(07 30RSO)' I had a wet spot a carpet and found this had happened at far end of slideout. I tried to call PI to see if they used any adhesive but missed thier open hrs. I was going to ask yall for help. We pushed it back on but we didnt notice any clips?? Will have to look at again.
Also shows ya have to keep checking these things. I thought at first it was just because we had as super hard rain. 6" in 1 hr.
thx for the info. Ray
ray/wendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:58 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray/wendy View Post
Wow, what are the chances- I was just replacing mine today(07 30RSO)' I had a wet spot a carpet and found this had happened at far end of slideout. I tried to call PI to see if they used any adhesive but missed thier open hrs. I was going to ask yall for help. We pushed it back on but we didnt notice any clips?? Will have to look at again.
Also shows ya have to keep checking these things. I thought at first it was just because we had as super hard rain. 6" in 1 hr.
thx for the info. Ray
The weather strips red and I are referring to is on the '10 year model Excel. I believe the strips on yours are different and may not have "clips" like our do. The clips are basically the metal teeth on the female portion of weatherstrip that grips the metal part of the slide opening.

6" of rain in a hour would make anything leak!!! That's a bunch, especially if it has some wind mixed with it. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 09-03-2010, 06:01 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
rockin',
Thanks Tom...I will try that as soon as I get some cash for that expensive stuff.
Remember, a couple months ago I had to feed a homeless person a huge steak dinner that cost me a bundle. This bum was not even grateful enough to listen to my stories all day.

red
For those that don't know, that bums name was rockin''

red
Old 09-03-2010, 09:14 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
rockin',

red
Well red, I listen to plenty of your ol' goofy stories!!! But I'll put up with alot of BS, just for a good meal or maybe a good jug of wine, or even the attention!!!

Sorry I was so slow gettin' back .......I'm didn't recognize it was me you were referring to......I'm not use to getting such nice compliments!!!!
Old 09-06-2010, 08:26 PM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Well red, I listen to plenty of your ol' goofy stories!!! But I'll put up with alot of BS, just for a good meal or maybe a good jug of wine, or even the attention!!!

Sorry I was so slow gettin' back .......I'm didn't recognize it was me you were referring to......I'm not use to getting such nice compliments!!!!
Red,
When RockheadTommie's lips are moving...