Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-17-2012, 12:59 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Peeling decals

A while back, I read a post by someone about replacing decals. In that post they talked about a graphics shop here in the east Mesa, Az. area. If you are that "someone", or you know of a graphics shop that does good work, let me know. Any help greatly appreciated.
RET FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-17-2012, 01:29 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
The top of the big "E" on the front of our coach has fallen down and torn a bit in the heavy winds that we get here in the Spring. Is there anything that can be done for it, other than getting it replaced ... or not?
CynPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 03:29 PM   #3

I don't like pealing decals. They make too much noise. Not to fond of peeling ones either.
Old 06-18-2012, 01:02 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Ret,
Did you get the olds ones off?
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:19 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Chief
Spending who knows how many hours out in 113 degree heat, and with a heat gun/hair dryer, won't save enough to justify the pain and suffering. And besides, they still have to go over the same areas with the 3M eraser tool to get all of the old adhesive off. I've seen the eraser being used. Takes the old decal off and the adhesive at the same time. And it doesn't damage the gelcoat.
On another note, we are comming home tomorrow. Got a chance to get away! When are you leaving for GJ?
RET FF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 08:05 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RET FF View Post
Chief
On another note, we are comming home tomorrow. Got a chance to get away! When are you leaving for GJ?
Uh-oh.....the ol' fire lizards are getting here......can you imagine that??? Sounds like a "burning" topic for sure!!!

The truth is I don't know jack about decals, but got to contribute some way....this is the decal I remember way back when. Check it out.
Attached Images

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:05 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
I Painted My Front Decal

We have a 2005 36RDO and alas, after 7 years in the sun some of the decals are pealing, but the front Excel decal had faded really bad. So instead of trying to remove the decal, I took an indoor/outdoor spray paint (Krylon Fusion for Plastic) to repaint the words right over the decal itself. I sprayed the paint into a deep bowl and then painted using the appropriate size brush.

I have used this same paint on the yellowed frame around the door window. It looks great. I also painted the yellowing covers over some of the outlet covers. I've used a brownish-bronze color that looks great with the decal colors. It won't last forever, I know, but I can always touch it up whenever I want and save the expense of removing or having SC put on new decals.

We haven't had too much trouble with the other decals although a few have rolled edges that I scraped off and then used WD40 to buff up the edges and blend in the old and new look.