Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-01-2013, 09:49 PM   #43

Excel Owners Club
Does the 1/2 bath use separate holding tanks (grey/black)? Tom, if you need help with the options on a Winslow.... Let me know! I did my very best to make a Limited out of one.... .
RickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-01-2013, 09:53 PM   #44

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Does the 1/2 bath use a separate holding tanks (grey/black)? Tom, if you need help with the options on a Winslow.... Let me know! I did my very best to make a Limited out of one.... .
I checked the specs.......and it shows to have regular tanking sizing.

Yeah Rick.....I'd say you are the "King Bee" when it comes to adding gee-gaws!!!! You and Doc make us peons look like we're "roughing it" out here!!! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 06:04 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Does the 1/2 bath use separate holding tanks .
I believe I heard Bryan refer to the front bath as having a macerator toilet so I assumed that there is a shared black.
hydman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:18 AM   #46

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydman View Post
I believe I heard Bryan refer to the front bath as having a macerator toilet so I assumed that there is a shared black.
X2 and the specs on their website shows a regular holding tank capacity. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 06-03-2013, 08:50 AM   #47

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Does two bathrooms mean 2x the "stuff" and bigger holding tank(s)? I doubt that, you simply get a choice of which to use. Unless Tom has us all over for a wine and cheese party! Then extra "tankage" may be needed!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:32 AM   #48

Excel Owners Club
Look at the specs......as mentioned before, tanks appear to have the same capacities. rockin'
Old 06-03-2013, 10:05 AM   #49

Excel Owners Club
Come on guys ... just because you now have two "pots", doesn't mean that you are now going to produce twice as much "stuff"!! The half bath was put there because you can't get to the front bath with the slides in. However, if you are any size at all, you would still need to let the side slide out to get to the 1/2 bath, I think.

I was really impressed with the unit, and totally amazed that so many people could be in there at once and not feel that you were in a cattle car! The new layout just opened the place up. I thought that the macerator toilet for the front bath was a great idea, too, as long as there aren't a lot of problems with them. Imagine being on the road and that thing fails ... but wait, we have a 1/2 bath to fall back on!

All in all, a great day in Moriarity. Thanks to the Staff at RVSales, Ralph and Kathie, and Bryan T., great job!!

Cindi
CynPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:21 AM   #50

Excel Owners Club
They could put the door in slide on a 36GKM floorplan without having the extra 1/2 bath.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NV284860_0.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	42.4 KB
ID:	40075  

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #51

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynPat View Post
Come on guys ... just because you now have two "pots", doesn't mean that you are now going to produce twice as much "stuff"!!
Cindi
Cindi, Cindi, Cindi.......you've not been to one of our Happy Hour!!!! rockin'
Old 06-03-2013, 11:13 AM   #52

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Cindi, Cindi, Cindi.......you've not been to one of our Happy Hour!!!! rockin'
Okay ... I will grant you that! And that second "pot" would sure come in handy for a gathering of any sort. It sure did seem like a party on Friday with around 2 dozen folks in that unit at one time ... it was amazing that they could all get in there and still walk around!

Cindi
CynPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:25 AM   #53

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
They could put the door in slide on a 36GKM floorplan without having the extra 1/2 bath.
I think the door could go in just about any floor plan. It'll be interesting to see how it develops. It sure does open the floor space.

Tim
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #54

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor2BnC View Post
I think the door could go in just about any floor plan. It'll be interesting to see how it develops. It sure does open the floor space.

Tim
Tim, it could be put on any floorplan.

But, the ones with the bedroom/bathroom hallway on the doorside would be blocked by the slide when retracted.

The 36GKM style bath could still allow bathroom access since it's hallway is on the streetwise.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 06-03-2013, 03:33 PM   #55

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
Tim, it could be put on any floorplan.

But, the ones with the bedroom/bathroom hallway on the doorside would be blocked by the slide when retracted.

The 36GKM style bath could still allow bathroom access since it's hallway is on the streetwise.
It never makes a difference if we need to open a slide for some reason. With hydraulics, it's just a matter of seconds to move it. We've also never been in a place where we couldn't open it. When the slides were electric, it was a different story. Now, as they say in Jamaica, "Ain't no problem, Mon".
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:57 PM   #56

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endeavor2BnC View Post
It never makes a difference if we need to open a slide for some reason. With hydraulics, it's just a matter of seconds to move it. We've also never been in a place where we couldn't open it. When the slides were electric, it was a different story. Now, as they say in Jamaica, "Ain't no problem, Mon".
We've stopped at rest areas with truck parking and my steps extend to the line. If I had to extend that slide, I'd take up 2 spaces, not to mention the stairs and door extend with that slide.

I'm sure many would accept it.

I had a cardinal rule when RV shopping: I required refrigerator and bathroom access with all slides closed.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD