Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Is this the part I need to "T" off of the curbside propane tank to supply the gas grill?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...pter-tee/30336

I already have a regulator and a hose but what about quick disconnects? Is it possible to have quick disconnects with the "T" above?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-01-2008, 06:11 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Is this the part I need to "T" off of the curbside propane tank to supply the gas grill?

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...pter-tee/30336

I already have a regulator and a hose but what about quick disconnects? Is it possible to have quick disconnects with the "T" above?
Old 10-01-2008, 07:24 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Virg,

That is one of the parts that you will need. They make a kit that has the hose included but I could not find the right one on the CW web site. Let me get to the HDT Rally tommorow and I'll get mine out and give you more info on it.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:38 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Larry,
Is this the kit you are talking about...

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...tay-flow/30341
Old 10-02-2008, 12:36 AM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Yes it is. Make sure you get the 12' hose and you will not need to remove a bottle from the fiver. A longer hose would be nicer if you find one.

Were are you cooking at? I'm hungry even after having a good meal with Jim & Val last night.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:09 AM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Oh no, , you don't want any of my cooking. I'm just hookin up this grill for show and occasionally when I'm lucky enough to talk Miss Jo into frying some chicken or fish outside. This new Coleman grill has 20,000 BTU capability and a burner eye. I'm hoping for fried fish or chicken more often.

I think you got me temporarily mixed up with SirKnowItAll. Remember he is the perfect husband who does all the housework, cooks, cleans and keeps his fiver in tip top shape with all his excellent maintainance work. I promise, that ain't me! Heck fire, I barely even pick up my own clothes, don't know how to plug in the vacuum, can never find the dish soap and wouldn't even know how to turn on the washer or dryer.

PS...I ordered the kit this morning, thanks for your help.

I wish we could have made it to the HDT rally this year but honestly, the fuel just scared me off. Please say hello to my good friends Robb and Carol. They pull with a white Volvo and have a Montana and have a cute little puppy named Monty.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:18 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I think you got me temporarily mixed up with SirKnowItAll. Remember he is the perfect husband who does all the housework, cooks, cleans and keeps his fiver in tip top shape with all his excellent maintainance work. I promise, that ain't me! Heck fire, I barely even pick up my own clothes, don't know how to plug in the vacuum, can never find the dish soap and wouldn't even know how to turn on the washer or dryer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Many of you guys may think he kiddin'....but this is the "gosh honest" truth! I don't know how in the world this boy got by before he got married! I reckon it ain't a matter of not knowin' how....he may be a tid bit lazy!! His lovely bride does it all and she is one heck of a great cook (and a very nice lady)! Wonder how she got mixed up with that rat scallion and poor old Donna got stuck with me. They must be glutens for punishment!

Now back to cleaning and dusting the Journey...it raining outside....welcome to the NW!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 03:10 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">glutens </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gluten is a composite of the proteins gliadin and glutenin. These exist, conjoined with starch, in the endosperms of some grass-related grains, notably wheat, rye, and barley.

Gluttons--people with a remarkably great desire or capacity for something: a glutton for work; a glutton for punishment.

I'm sorry, the just got all over me and I just couldn't help myself
Old 10-02-2008, 04:13 PM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Thanks for clearing that up and being sharp enough to see my error. As you know, you're dealing with a IQ 14 country boy and I don't have access to a dictionary like you (also too busy cleaning house to care)! Thanks for not taking a shot at me...but I bet it was quite tempting. You da man, Virg!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 05:54 PM   #10

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Thanks for not taking a shot at me </div></BLOCKQUOTE>