Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-10-2009, 01:15 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LindaH:
Scuba's one and only post to this site started out by sayng that they were considering a new purchase of an Excel but were rethinking it because they'd *heard* that it was nothing but a POS (to paraphrase).

I invited Scuba to send me a PM and never heard back. On the other hand, let's give him the benefit of the doubt. Maybe he has a life beyond lurking on User Forums during the decision/shopping process, unlike me and a few others.

JR
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-10-2009, 03:50 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
I am going to have to agree with Linda H. Did one take time to read all the previous posts and start this thread or would a disgruntled owner go to a different computer and get a new log in? Hope I am wrong. Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 02:58 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I can multitask sometimes
Woooooo Sonnnnnn, such a large word! Why, that word has three syllables! I'm gonna have to go look that up!
Old 01-11-2009, 03:36 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by MakinSmoke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I can multitask sometimes
Woooooo Sonnnnnn, such a large word! Why, that word has three syllables! I'm gonna have to go look that up! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, this one is waaaay over the Virg's vocabulary!

BTW Virg, thanks for changing the subject...
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 06:52 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Boys...stop "'rasslin' around"...

FYI...I do believe scubatraveler is truly interested in gathering information in order to find the right RV for himself...and not someone who is trying to stir things up. I did look into things.. so please be gracious and friendly to a potential family member.

Scubatraveler...This is a close knit group - and they always welcome new Excel owners with open arms...but they also have been attacked by "trolls" here in the past-so understand when they get a little suspicious of someone who has not come back in and checked their own post.

With all that being said..It doesn't matter what you purchase- there will always be some things that need to be taken care of with a new unit...but what is important is HOW you are taken care of after your purchase. I have heard very few negative comments about PI..and the one recent negative thing posted here is being taken care of by PI.
I hope this helps.

MonacoMama

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 03:24 PM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Boys...stop "'rasslin' around"...
Well heck, you carry on a conversation with Scubalover then and we'll watch.
Old 01-11-2009, 03:59 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Virg,
You are ON IT this evening...are you sure you didn't miss church today??? That ol' can take over in no time!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #22

Linda H. Sorry so very sorry. Never ment to stir stuff up.I'm down here in Tampa and have been looking at used as well as new 5'rs (very busy).I had no idea that this forum required daily input. To everyone thank you for your input. The Excel sounds like a winner and the company seems to support the owners which is unheard of nowdays. I will be lurking at the forum as we go through the sorting out exercise. I will not be active though as I'm not an Excel owner yet. Please understand that any further questions that I may have are earnest and I'm trying to achieve the best answer for us. So again to all thank you again. Rick
scubatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 10:36 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rick.. This forum does NOT require daily input ...but you will find that you will have a strong urge to stop in here daily to see what is "new with the Excel family".

You are more than welcome to lurk or to ask as many questions as you want - it is all up to you!

We welcome you here at any time.

MM

Old 01-13-2009, 11:00 AM   #24

Thank you MM. If I could impose.... would you please let the Excel family know the knowledge that they have is very very important and apperciated. And theres alot of poor excuses for 5'rs out there.I can't afford to make a huge mistake, so education is huge and time consuming. Thanks MM. Rick
scubatraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 11:16 AM   #25

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Rick...
I cannot say it any better than you just did in your post.

Now -please stop apologizing as you did NOTHING wrong. I am glad to see that you are willing to even post here...so that just means that you just might be willing to forgive us

Old 01-13-2009, 01:15 PM   #26

Excel Owners Club
Rick,

Make sure you stick around and read and post.

That is the only way you will learn. Usually when someone is looking for answers they are anxious to get the question answered and reply, I think that is what happened here. Some thought you were someone who registers and posts one thing negative about a product to plant the seed of doubt into someone heads. This usually is from someone who has a grudge against the brand they are commenting on.

Hang around here and let us corrupt you into buying an Excel. Everything will have problems, look at some of the problems people experience with new homes and they don't fly down the street at 70. We usually don't bite but will nibble occasionally.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 08:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally posted by MonacoMama:
Rick.. This forum does NOT require daily input ...but you will find that you will have a strong urge to stop in here daily to see what is "new with the Excel family".

You are more than welcome to lurk or to ask as many questions as you want - it is all up to you!
We welcome you here at any time.

MM
Rick,
Welcome to the mess. I come here daily, sort of like going to the zoo . I love to hear Rockin talkin and the family being a family. Good things happen here.
I have had three 5r's, bought them all locally here in Moriarty. Excel is by far the best. Good solid company that will be here and cares about you. Good luck with your search and let us know what you come up with. Heck, I might catch the bus and go to an Excel Rally..good rigs...good people...good times!
Phil
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:31 AM   #28

Excel Owners Club
I can tell you I am thoroughly pleased with our '08 33TKE Classic. We had one issue which, between my dealer and PI, was taken care of to my satisfaction. I'm just sad that I can't go camping soon. Will have to wait for spring. If I had a place at home to park it, I would be in it. The one drawback of this format is people are very emotional when they post about a problem. I know that I was, but everytime we have used the unit, every system has worked flawlessly. Every other 5'er we've owned, always something didn't work right. If you don't have an Excel, you definitely don't want to drive from IL to IN on I70 in the right lane. Calling it pavement is stretching the truth a bit.
Ed

2008 Excel E33TKE,'08 K3500 DRW, B&W Hitch
evan0810 is offline   Reply With Quote