Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-09-2021, 03:00 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
Bryan was adamant that they would not do the light paint scheme on a Limited when I ordered. They changed that policy just a few months later.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-09-2021, 03:07 PM   #16

Excel Owners Club
Have to wonder if Bryan......thought the lighter color scheme wasn't "ritzy" enough on the
higher priced Limiteds! Then started getting some requests and changed his mind. Personally the darker/black stuff isn't my cup of tea. I've always like light and bright!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 07:38 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Doc warned me about me about the gestapo in you when I first joined this forum with my SRW. 😂 So far I have 45000 mi of accident free towing. Not to say a DRW wouldn’t be even safer and definitely more comfortable. I have to pay close attention to my pin weight and maintain 60 mph max. Just sayin’. I love you, Rockin’. Thanks for looking out for our safety.
dw8ite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 08:18 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
OH-OH.......Don, you are a riot! Don't forget that I'm in San Antonio now I could come over sometime and check your pin weight!!! I actually have relatives at Champions Golf, Kingwood and Katy. I know where you stay!!! Ha. If I had my DRW, I could drive across your front yard to leave some prints as a reminder!!! And I love you too....you rat!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-11-2021, 09:59 AM   #19

I was very happy to have a SRW truck on the Mt Evans road to 14130ft, especially in those blind corners on the outside going down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Mt Evans Road.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	345770  
BRS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 10:04 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
https://media0.giphy.com/media/VCD63...giphy.gif&ct=g

https://www.gifcen.com/wp-content/up.../yikes-gif.gif
Old 10-12-2021, 10:57 PM   #21

Excel Owners Club
Our first out-of-state trip was to New Mexico. Between Cimarron and Eagle's Nest, on US 64, there is a hairpin turn that could make a pig sweat. To keep from scrapping off the gel coat on the curbside of the trailer, the truck was more than half in the oncoming lane. And on the way back, the trailer was half in the oncoming lane while I was hugging the right shoulder with the truck. If there is a next time, we will go in the back door through Taos. The hairpin turns have a lot more breathing room.
CARLnJANIS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 08:17 AM   #22

Carl,
We drove that stretch of US 64 coming over from I-25 to Taos in August, my second day out of SC. It was very tight and I sure remember that hairpin near Eagles Nest. On the way out of Taos I headed north to Fort Garland, CO, once was enough on US 64!
BRS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 11:51 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Just my 2¢ worth......after 12 years of FTing and having the regular gelcoat, I found just trying to stay on top of the gelcoat is a bear. Don't care what brand of wax you use. I am a bit fussy and usually took 4 med sized days to complete and doing it every 3 months.......in hindsight....was a headache. Rig always looked decent though. Having the $12K paint with clear coat is more like a once a year project. That clear coat sure cuts the UVs for sure. We've come a long way on paints, but we pay for them too. I, too, like the color scheme on Doc's mid-line 9 year old Winslow !!! I love gigging him!!!! I miss our sparring with one another.

I am continually surprised by the lack of "cross over" items from the Boat World to the RV World.

In particular , the advanced exterior finishes now being used on boats .

Nearly all the high end boat manufacturers are now putting 2-part Top Side paint over the gelcoat , rather than putting the color in the gelcoat.

The paint produces a mirror finish .

No clearcoat required , that can crack and peel .This paint requires ZERO maintenance other than washing it . NO WAX EVER .

Having been developed for boats , it has the ability to flex , will expand and contract with the sub surface , hot and cold or movement . Won't fade or need to be buffed out.

Might be an option to look into .
Bill Gail is offline   Reply With Quote