Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Service in Moriarty

We dropped in at RV Sales last Friday for an appointment to have a 12 volt short traced and repaired. The treatment we received lived up to everything we have heard about this dealership. I am not at all surprised that they are Excel's #1 dealer. Service was super and Kevin answered just about every question I tossed at him. If we ever need service anytime we're within reasonable distance of Moriarty, NM we'll be back to RV Sales.

Thank you.

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-30-2012, 10:46 PM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Bona View Post
We dropped in at RV Sales last Friday for an appointment to have a 12 volt short traced and repaired. The treatment we received lived up to everything we have heard about this dealership. I am not at all surprised that they are Excel's #1 dealer. Service was super and Kevin answered just about every question I tossed at him. If we ever need service anytime we're within reasonable distance of Moriarty, NM we'll be back to RV Sales.

Thank you.

Jim
Great and I knew you'd get great service from the Chownings......just wondering what was found on the "short" that you couldn't fix!! Oh heck....I probably couldn't have found it either as my speciality is fixin' door locks!!! (inside joke) rockin AKA SKIA....NOT
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 02:34 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
We've used Ralph and company in Moriarty for service work and you're right.....they Rock (and not with Tom, either) Lol. Good folks.
Old 10-01-2012, 06:16 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Great and I knew you'd get great service from the Chownings......just wondering what was found on the "short" that you couldn't fix!! Oh heck....I probably couldn't have found it either as my speciality is fixin' door locks!!! (inside joke) rockin AKA SKIA....NOT

You finally got something right!!
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:39 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Washout,

The short is in the wiring to the rearmost wall lamp in the "Jumbo Slide". As you will know from your days with the 35FLR, this lamp is wired from the front lamp through the wall. Being unable to pull a new wire, using the original wire, likely due to some tight turns in the wiring, the fix was to disconnect the rear lamp for now. I'll add this item to my list for the next visit to SC. As I'm not anxious to open the wall or ceiling on the slide the final fix may be to run a new wire on the bottom of the slide.

Hopefully you will forget all about this if we happen to meet up again this winter - which I hope happens!

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Jim.....sounds like a job way over my head! Sounds like a workhorse project! Running wires inside a slide doesn't sound like fun to me. I bet if you took some time you would find it though.

Would love to see you guys again. Bona could put on some of her fabulous cooking and we could sit back and watch!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:03 PM   #7

Sounds like that Moriarty Magic continues!
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
service