Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-04-2010, 09:30 PM   #43

Excel Owners Club
Jim,

Thanks for the great follow up. You are always on top of it. Let us know.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:53 AM   #44

Excel Owners Club
Tom,

Thank you for the compliment. I wonder - are we suddenly becoming extremely polite, or are we (who is "we"?) taking the inferred challenge from Mandy as regards the number of posts on this forum? If it's the latter, we'll need help from the Chief, Virg, and a few others who've gone silent recently.

Jim
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:45 AM   #45

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Bona View Post
Tom,

Thank you for the compliment. I wonder - are we suddenly becoming extremely polite, or are we (who is "we"?) taking the inferred challenge from Mandy as regards the number of posts on this forum? If it's the latter, we'll need help from the Chief, Virg, and a few others who've gone silent recently.

Jim
Extremely polite, whats that??? Mandy needs to rejoin us also. Again!!!
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:24 PM   #46

Excel Owners Club
I just checked and after six weeks I am still level.
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:12 PM   #47

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookIIRoadtrash View Post
book,
Don't you mean your rig is level? Ain't nothing level about you!!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 09-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #48

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Tom, He means the fiver is level. We all know that working around all them high voltage power lines, he is a half bubble off!! Some will think he's a full bubble off!!
Old 09-15-2010, 08:31 PM   #49

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Tom Yoor right, the rig is level. Working around all them high voltage power lines, he's half a bubble off. Some will think he's a full bubble for working like that.

And that's coming from a ding-a-ling guy.
Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM   #50

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post
Tom Yoor right, the rig is level. Working around all them high voltage power lines, he's half a bubble off. Some will think he's a full bubble for working like that.

And that's coming from a ding-a-ling guy.
Work,

What's a bubble???.......oh yeah, most folks think I live in a "bubble"
Old 09-16-2010, 10:34 PM   #51

Excel Owners Club
You two....everyone likes a little, but not a smart one.....but I was just bubbly all day...
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 07:13 AM   #52

Excel Owners Club
Closure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim & Bona View Post
This is a continuation of a discussion which began (off-topic) at Glenn & Jan's thread " Initial Experiences With Our New 2011 33RSE Limited (VERY Long)"

Several of us owners (at least me and Tom) have experienced settling of the roadside front hydraulic jack a few days after setup. My coach is a 2008 35FLR and Tom's is a much newer, and more modern, 2010 33RSO. Tom and I had both been handling the problem by going out every few days and jogging the subject jack to bring the coach back to level. I spoke with Jack at the PI Service Center on the matter and he advised me as follows: There's a solenoid valve at the top of the jack. Sometimes a piece of debris/FOD gets into this valve to prevent a complete closure. Use a 5/32" Allen wrench to turn the screw at the "top" of the valve (my valve lies horizontally so the screw is in a horixontal axis) clockwise approximately 1/4 turn. Cycle the jack to flush out the valve and return the screw to it's original position.

I found the solenoid valve just as Jack had described it, behind a very well caulked access cover. With the trailer sitting on the truck hitch I followed Jack's directions cycling the jack about 6" in each direction before I returned the screw to its original position. Within two days settling had recurred. Time for another try. On the second try I turned the screw approximately 140* (3/8 turn) and cycled the jack until it almost touched the ground and within 1" of the top - two cycles each way. Now, four days later, no more settling in the front roadside jack. Seems the problem is resolved.

Hope this helps someone. Note that janieD has reported that her 2010 Owners Manual states that settling of up to 1/4" per day is normal. I don't know what to think about this, other than I wouldn't want to have to relevel my coach ever day, or two, forever.

Jim

(How'd I do, Tom?)
Here it is, folks. After months of fussing with this droopy jack thing we had Jack's Crew fix it properly. The fix was to replace the entire jack assembly (ram/cylinder and solenoid valve) with a complete new assembly. The replacement is the same assembly as is currently used in production. Jack promised that this unit will never leak. Although I'm not sure how this fits with the line in the Owners Manual which states that some settling is normal, it would seem to imply that the new jack is an improved design over the jack which came in my '08 coach.

Fini, I hope.

Jim

P.S: As usual the Service Center did a great job on our coach. I'm glad we have this resource to fall back on. Thank you, Jack and Co.
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote