Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Recently, I have noticed a ware pattern on the outboard sides (left and right) of the bottom of three of our four slide-outs this is on the black material which is bonded to the bottom of the slide. It appears to be about the same width as the roller that the slide comes up on when it moves in. Do you guys see this, if so, is it considered normal?

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2006, 07:48 AM   #2

Excel Owners Club
Recently, I have noticed a ware pattern on the outboard sides (left and right) of the bottom of three of our four slide-outs this is on the black material which is bonded to the bottom of the slide. It appears to be about the same width as the roller that the slide comes up on when it moves in. Do you guys see this, if so, is it considered normal?

Bangs, Texas
Highgturn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:15 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Bob,

I checked my slides this AM and noticed similar roller marks--don't think this is an issue and IMO is normal. I'm sure someone else will chime in with their take.
John
Old 11-28-2006, 02:09 PM   #4

Send a message via Skype™ to redwing1
I don't see the roller marks as a problem. The thing to watch for is chaffing of the fabric. The factory had to install two extra rollers in the kitchen slide of our '04 MKO no problems since. Jack the service Mgr told me they had experienced a few problems of that nature with some of the heavier slides.
redwing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 06:04 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Redwing1 is correct. Seeing a mark where the rollers contact the Darco underbelly on the slide out bottom is normal and should pose no problem. You shouldn't see an abnormal amount of freying and wear though. That could mean that your roller isn't rolling due to a bearing problem and possibly "dragging" a bit. Some manufactures let their slide floors drag on the threshold which increases friction and causes more problems in the long run. A certain amount of wear, and even some indentation is normal on the underbelly and should not be a cause for concern.
ExcelRVGuy is offline   Reply With Quote