Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone found a source for tubs that will fit in the kitchen sinks? Our two sinks are approximately 13" x 13" square, but the 2 tubs we used in prior RVs and all the ones I've found to date are rectangular ones that are at least 14" long.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Has anyone found a source for tubs that will fit in the kitchen sinks? Our two sinks are approximately 13" x 13" square, but the 2 tubs we used in prior RVs and all the ones I've found to date are rectangular ones that are at least 14" long.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:10 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Apparently, no one uses dish pans in their sinks. I'm curious what you use when you're boondocking, or do you just let dish water drain into your gray tank?

I've looked online for smaller dish pans, but to no avail. What I find are either dish pans that are about the size that I already have (i.e., 14+" long), or much smaller ones that wouldn't be suitable for washing dishes or pots and pans in the sink.

While I can use the dish pans I currently have (they just kind of hang on the edges of the sink), I'd really like to find something that fits down into the sink.

I find it difficult to figure out why Excel would use a non-standard size of sink. Guess they must think everyone has full hookups all the time, and filling up the gray tank isn't an issue.
Old 02-16-2007, 08:28 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Hi Linda,
Have you looked for a storage tub rather than a dish pan ? There are so many numerous sizes of storage containers and during our recent bout of no water (sub zero temps and the water is frozen out at the source) we've been using a storage container for collecting the water while washing our hair in the bottom of the shower. Just an idea of another container that might work.
Lindaxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 11:24 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I've looked for all kinds of containers.

I can find some that are less than 13" long, but they're only about 8" wide. I found some that were about 12" x 12" but were only 1" or 2" deep. So far, I haven't had any luck finding anything.

I even looked on Excel's "store" website figuring if they make a sink that's only 13" x 13," they *must* sell a dish pan that fits (makes sense, eh?), but all they had under kitchen stuff were dish drainers.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:38 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Hi Lynda,
Sorry for not responding sooner...I didn't know exactly what you were wanting. We use a plastic pan that is 12.5" X 10.3" and 4.5" tall. It works OK for us. (We don't dry camp much - 1-2 days a year). We got this from a hospital, when my MIL was in for a while. The brand is Vollrath, Gallaway, TN. It has no part #. I went to their website and it has mainly kitchen stuff and I couldn't find anything like this in the site. The site does have a 1-800# you might try. HTH Good luck. PM me if you want more info, pic or etc. Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Rockintom, the plastic pan you have would work for what I have in mind. I, too, went to Vollrath's website, but didn't see anything like that. They did have some stainless steel pans in a size that would work, but I don't really want stainless steel. Guess I'll just have to keep looking!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:21 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
I'd give Vollrath a call. I've found calling is sometime better than the website. Sometime the website is not up-to-date. It's a free call. Give it a whirl. I'll keep my eyes out for you. Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote