Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-14-2008, 11:27 AM   #127

Excel Owners Club
Book,
I know what you're talking about on the drive thru thing. Even with my little stock quiet Duramax, I shut it off at the drive thru liquor store....we don't want any mix up there ....I still feel ...old habits are hard to break! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-14-2008, 11:51 AM   #128

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Wonder if he works on modern trucks too
Tom, why would you need to know that?
Old 12-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #129

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by motojavaphil:
Book,
Merry Christmas!

Phil

Phil, and Merry Christmas to you! I think it is neat that you still feel part of Excel Family. On the long weekend in January I will be in Yuma to get lost on the river and do some stripper fishing. If you are around I’d like to meet you on either side of the border!

Book2
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 01:15 PM   #130

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by MakinSmoke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Wonder if he works on modern trucks too
Tom, why would you need to know that? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Virg,
Darn...who woke you up? You know old Tuggerbaby will be 4 years old in early Feb....BTW...what year is you great big old red thing you got????
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 12-14-2008, 01:24 PM   #131

Excel Owners Club
Book,
Stripper fishing? Is that what they call it nowadays?....I used to do it when I was younger, but not since I've changed my ways and become the "Saint" I am today!

Isn't that right Virg?
Old 12-14-2008, 01:40 PM   #132

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by rockintom:
Book,
Stripper fishing? Is that what they call it nowadays?....I used to do it when I was younger, but not since I've changed my ways and become the "Saint" I am today!
Sorry if I offended anyone! I was just practicing rolling my rs for the other side of the border Book2 PS I was also thinking of Clancy and pressed two Ps
Old 12-14-2008, 01:50 PM   #133

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by book2roadtrash:
PS I was also thinking of Clancy and pressed two Ps
Book,

You are a riot! Glad you joined our group!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:18 PM   #134

Excel Owners Club
So if you could have only one tool with you in the fiver, what would it be?

I've decided mind would be my 12v drill driver. My Dad bought this Milwaukee cordless tool back in the early 90's and I got it after his death. I think I use this one tool more than any other in my fifthwheel tool box.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #135

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
So if you could have only one tool with you in the fiver, what would it be?

I've decided mind would be my 12v drill driver. My Dad bought this Milwaukee cordless tool back in the early 90's and I got it after his death. I think I use this one tool more than any other in my fifthwheel tool box.
Virg that is a hard question . I use one of my grandpa’s plumb bob twice a year at work. I use my other Grandpa’s hard and soft stone to sharpen my knifes all the time. I use a leather awl that both my Dad and Grandfather carried until death. And I catch at least one fish a year off of my Dad’s rod and reel, witch I was with him when he purchased in 1976. Graphite rod and Diawa Millionaire reel. Also I have a hook board that came out of the house that Dad and Grandpa were born, in the same bedroom. I took a gold ring from each one of my Grandparents , Mother and Father and had a nugget made so that I have family around me at all times. But as a tool I use a 11 in 1 screw driver for everything. Book2
Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 PM   #136

Excel Owners Club
I can't pinpoint it down to anything specifically. All my basic hand tools are important. I went from 3 roll-around tool boxes to 6 totes of tools...in the Tug! I do miss my shop tools, press, grinders, welder, saws, jacks, hoists and shop tools! Most of all, I miss a good vice!

Virg, my little 120V Craftmans 3/8" drill is the one I use the most. Seems my bigger 18V 3/8" cordless is too dawg-gone big to use in tight places. But handy sometime.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #137

Excel Owners Club
[quote]I can't pinpoint it down to anything specifically. [quote/]

Fence sitter.......
Old 12-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #138

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Fence sitter.......
Only on tools and politics!!! Thanks for reminding me! Obviously Virg, you are extremely bored...the weather is terrible here...what's your excuse?

Oh I see now...you need more unsubstantiated posts!
Old 12-14-2008, 03:08 PM   #139

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Obviously Virg, you are extremely bored...the weather is terrible here...what's your excuse?
I polished the front endcap on the Funhousetoday. It really looks great, high gloss and deep mirror shine. Looks as good as my sides now. But, my arms feel like they weigh about 100lbs a piece.

Weather here is wonderful! Mornings are 60's+ and days are 80.
Old 12-14-2008, 03:28 PM   #140

Excel Owners Club
You all can come here to Kansas. 0* and 20mph winds. Seperate the men from the boys. Thankful I have the extra layer of fat during this times.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote