Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #1

we are full-timers and have been looking at an 08,36TKE. would appreciate any comments. this would be our 5th 5ver over 15 years;however, new to excel. thanks, hoosier56
hoosier32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-05-2008, 04:18 PM   #2

we are full-timers and have been looking at an 08,36TKE. would appreciate any comments. this would be our 5th 5ver over 15 years;however, new to excel. thanks, hoosier56
Old 08-05-2008, 06:30 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
Hoosier,
Welcome and hope to see more of you here. We have been FTing in our '05 35ft.FLR for almost 3.5 yrs. We love it and the lifestyle. We've had the normal things happen along the way, but have found Peterson standing tall and wanting to take care of us all the way. I don't think you'll find a better rig for the money. Nice woodwork, well insulated and solid undercarriage. If you decide to do the 36ft. do not settle for any less than a MDT to tow with. These rigs are heavy! Don't let someone talk you out of it. BTW I love the TKE floorplan. Good luck and see down the road soon.
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:20 AM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Welcome Hoosier, can I take it you are from Indiana also? If so, the Excel dealer on the southside of Indy had a new '07 36TKE you could get a real deal on. I second what Rockin' said about a tow vehicle. The miles you are going to put on FTing, a MDT would be the ticket. We have a Classic 33TKE and couldn't be happier. You need a well-built unit to survive the mine field we call interstates. Any time I've dealt w/ PI, they have been there to help.
Ed

2008 Excel E33TKE,'08 K3500 DRW, B&W Hitch
evan0810 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:00 AM   #5

thanks rockintom and evan0810, appreciate your comments on the excel. i thought the excel was the right way to go, but you know how it is when you get that new fever smell going. had also thought about a mobile suite,but dw
Old 08-06-2008, 04:05 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
'Hoosier'
Welcome to iRV2.com and the "Excel Owner's Forum". No need for me to echo the great comments you've received thus far . I will mention that Peterson Industries is offering a special rebate through the end of August 2008. Great company with outstanding customer service!
Old 08-06-2008, 04:09 AM   #7

i am new to the forum and i suppose i need to be brief or does it cut you off after a period of time. anyway, evan i am from in and i hope to see you folks down the road
hoosier56
Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Welcome Hoosier to the forum

You will find many people full timing in Excels. I think they are a great all around coach but I do not full time in them, just weekends and vacations.

Stick around and you will be able to meet people that full time in them.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #9

thanks folks for your help. will let you know how this story works out.
Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
hoosier32, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here and we look forward to reading of youradventures and experiences. THere are many full timers in Excels and you certainly could do a lot worse. I am putting in a short cut to the New Members CHeck-In section and one to the Excell Owners section so others can welcome you and give your post more exposure. Good luck and enjoy the website.
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 04:23 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome Hoosier,

We are currently FT'ing in a 07 35' TKE and find it to be very comfortable, roomy and well built. We've owned it for 1.5 yrs and have been in it FT for 4 months now. We moved from a 3700 sq ft house to this 388 sq ft. "condo in an earthquake" and are very happy with it.

The quality of the Excel has more than met my expectations. We have had very few issues with it over this time frame. In fact, the most major thing that happened was that the convection microwave failed and was replaced under warranty.

I would reccommend the Excel to anyone looking for great quality, excellent value for their dollar and living functionality.
Endeavor2BnC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:04 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
While I am sure the MDT is nice for towing a heavy trailer, the Ford F450 is MORE than adequate pulling any of the Excel RVs. We get 10 mpg when towing @ 65-70 mph. Don't know what the MDT's cost, but probably more than the F450.
M&S Norrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:13 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Sue,
Is'nt a F-450 a MDT? Tom
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:12 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Hoosier,
Welcome!
You probably don't need yet another of us telling you to buy Excel but I'm gonna do so anyway.
I owned a Montana before. It was a pretty good fifthwheel but it didn't hold a candle to this Excel Limited 36CLO. The Peterson factory folks have treated us very well. I believe you will be happy with an Excel and the factory service after the sale.