Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #1

My wife and I have finally decided on a floor plan, a 33RSO. The dealer near us only has enclosed bath units in stock. They also said if we didn't want a stock unit they would charge us full retail priceto order one. So what is the best way to find a 33rso without having to order one at full msrp.
landis_rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-15-2007, 10:38 AM   #2

My wife and I have finally decided on a floor plan, a 33RSO. The dealer near us only has enclosed bath units in stock. They also said if we didn't want a stock unit they would charge us full retail priceto order one. So what is the best way to find a 33rso without having to order one at full msrp.
landis_rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:55 AM   #3

Excel Owners Club
What the dealer is trying to do is force you into buying what he has on his lot. Find another dealer.

The dealer that I ordered mine through had just picked up the Excel line from a dealer that went out of business. They also picked up some units that had not been sold by this dealer but they still ordered mine for me as they didn't have what I wanted.

This is IMO
Butch50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Landis,
Don't fall for the dealer's "you have to buy this unit OR the unit you want will cost you $$$$$ additional dollars" BS! Ditto Butch, find another dealer in the NE as this guy/gal is not the type with whom you want a long-term Rv'er/dealer relationship.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:28 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Landis,
Try calling PI and asking the sales dept. for a list of dealers that have the unit that you want in stock and take it from there.
Paul

04 Excel 33RSE
clspds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:46 PM   #6

Landis, I would find a dealer who will take your order and have it built with options you want and for the price you want to pay and to that end a good starting point is not more than 75% of MSRP. Just my OPO from my experience.
Have Fun!

2007 Excel, 30RSO, Demco Glide Ride, B&W Companion.
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 07:52 PM   #7

Excel dealer linksDealers List
Have Fun!

2007 Excel, 30RSO, Demco Glide Ride, B&W Companion.
Max1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 03:21 PM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Landis-- we also wanted a 33RSO, found a new 2005 on our dealers lot with the split bath, it was a Limited with everything we wanted. It had never been sold so we got full new warrenty, and saved a bunch of $$$$$$$. We love the unit. This is our 2nd Excel the 1st one was a 1997. Contacting PI for which Dealers have what you are looking for sounds like good advice.
Old 05-17-2007, 03:05 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
They seem to have one in stock
http://www.bobandjosrv.com/
and he is a big help on this forum
Good Hunting

Scott
Lori & Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 11:35 AM   #10

We sent e-mails to almost every dealer in the country save extreme east coast. Some were willing to deal a little...and a few quite a bit.They have enough margin to discount..even on special orders...You just have to convince them that you are willing to travel.
litespeed is offline   Reply With Quote