Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2008, 07:22 AM   #15

Excel Owners Club
It'a 101 post now....oh ho hum....are we proud yet?..sure don't take much to entertain a corn-fed NEEEE braskeeee boy!! red you're the best (and easiest!)
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-12-2008, 12:10 PM   #16

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
This going way
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:59 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This going way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderator Flytyer,
I can't tell from your comment if you are reminding us of the rules and asking us to stop our joking with each other over here in the Excel Forum or if you are joining in with us. Would you clarify please?
Old 10-13-2008, 04:14 AM   #18

Excel Owners Club
MakinSmoke,

Thanks for asking that question, I was wondering the same thing

Maybe I should add this just in case

Jim
Old 10-13-2008, 05:42 AM   #19

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakinSmoke:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">This going way </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderator Flytyer,
I can't tell from your comment if you are reminding us of the rules and asking us to stop our joking with each other over here in the Excel Forum or if you are joining in with us. Would you clarify please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks Virg and redcow,

I was wondering the same thing. I just didn't know how to ask the question as nice and smoothly as you! BTW...have a nice day! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-13-2008, 09:38 AM   #20

Excel Owners Club
Is a converter box required for all Excel models, regardless of year of unit or only certain ones ? We are using antennae now, here in Kansas, and if it would get rid of some of the snow/interference, I'd love it but want to know overall if will need it before February deadline. Thanks, all....

Linda
Lindaxtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:11 AM   #21
Administrator in Memoriam

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
It's not an Excel issue, it's a TV issue.

If your TV cannot receive digital signals, you will not be able to receive any channels unless you have a converter box.

Check the owners manual for your TV to see if has a digital tuner.

If it does, then you don't need a box.

Route 66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 10:36 AM   #22

Mid Atlantic Campers
Workhorse Chassis Owner
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MakinSmoke:

Moderator Flytyer,
I can't tell from your comment if you are reminding us of the rules and asking us to stop our joking with each other over here in the Excel Forum or if you are joining in with us. Would you clarify please? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You may not realize, but this topic was copied to the Technology forum where there has been many seperate discussions about these converter boxes.

I am unsure who copied it to the Tech Forum, but I am sure it was done so that many others see the discussion and pick up ideas and answers that may help them. As a result all posts are seen in the Tech forum and Excel forums.

I realize the joking is in good fun, but it was off topic and not a benefit to the Tech Forum.
FLYTYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:24 PM   #23

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lindaxtwo:
Is a converter box required for all Excel models, regardless of year of unit or only certain ones ? We are using antennae now, here in Kansas, and if it would get rid of some of the snow/interference, I'd love it but want to know overall if will need it before February deadline. Thanks, all....

Linda </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Clearly Dirk is correct. I understand that all TVs produced since March 2007 are digital. Again check your TV manufacturer's owners manual or get the model number off the and go to their website to check it out! rockin'
Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #24
Moderator in Memoriam

Monaco Owners Club
If your TV was manufactured after Mar 2007, then it better be a digital TV. Unfortunately there are a lot of TVs in stores that were built before that date and they ARE NOT DIGITAL so be very very careful.your Book will say digital on it or it will say on the TV. Again if you have Satellite or hook to the CG cable your OK, but any over the air reception will need the box on each TV.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:46 AM   #25

Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I realize the joking is in good fun, but it was off topic and not a benefit to the Tech Forum. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Moderator Flytyer,
Thank you for the clarification. I apologize for my violation of your tech forum's code of conduct. Seemingly on IRV2 I have had trouble adjusting my behavior to fit the judgement of multiple roving moderators primarily when topics are "copied" or linked to other areas.

My feelings about "linking" without the topic owner's permission are on record with those in charge and if rehashed here would only serve negative purposes.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 AM   #26

Excel Owners Club
MakinSmoke,

I also apologize to Flytyer and I also very much agree with you Virgil.
It is difficult to know what is right with so many moderators and Excel forum discussions being linked to other sites.

I will limit my attempt at humor in the future.

Jim
Old 10-14-2008, 06:37 AM   #27

Excel Owners Club
Me too. We'll just have to watch to see if it's linked and if it is, we'll have to pretend like we're at a funeral. rockin'
Old 10-14-2008, 07:25 AM   #28

Excel Owners Club
You know what is amazing to me is that our forum is the fifth most active forum in The Owners Corner. I would bet we have the least amount of members of the other four by a huge margin and probably have existed for a significant less amount of time.

Lately I feel like I am reading others comments from other areas of the forum. I am all for expanding my horizons but I come to the Excel forum to interact with the members of the forum and learn about and discuss Excels. If I wanted to go read about other things I would go there.

I really thought we had a good thing going with this forum, but within the last month or so we have lost our character.

It doesn't feel like the place to exchange ideas in a humorous way. We adapted with our S & J posts but it doesn't feel fun anymore. I told one of my old ministers that the congregation must have been baptized in vinegar and weaned on pickles. That is the feeling I am getting here. If all I want is pure information I can call Jack and talk to him, I expect to be able to come here and discuss items and have some FUN. Man, you would think we committed some cardinal sin by having fun and laughing, this ain't the library.

I'm sorry, I'm to old to "adjust my behavior to fit the judgment of multiple roving moderators". You know the old Pareto principle or 80/20 rule. Maybe the 20% of the people that supply 80% of the information should just do so by email and leave the forum to the people that only want information.

Forums only exist if people want to be here, if you soil the bed sheets, nobody will want to spend the night.
LarryGodby is offline   Reply With Quote