Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-29-2013, 03:55 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Wax

I want to wax the Wild Cargo. Can someone tell the name of the wax product to use on my unit? Thanks
Rburke8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2013, 05:58 PM   #2

I use Zaino's All In One. It's a little pricey, but I think it's worth it. It's also super concentrated, so a little dab 'll do ya!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:27 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
On my previous gel coat fiberglass trailer I had good success with Starbrite Premium Marine Polish with PTFE:
Premium Marine Polish With PTEF

I applied RejeX to my current Excel with paint. I've been impressed so far. Time will tell.

Get a random orbital polisher like a Porter Cable. Lake Country pads are great.

It's a significant effort, no matter what method you use.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
drfife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:16 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
I use the Automagic product line. One of the detailers in the park allow me to use his account to purchase this product. http://www.automagic.com/2008-Flyers/22-Flyer-hi.pdf I don't think it's any better than other waxes, but it is easy to work with and I like the wet look when you're done......it must be one of those "guy things"! rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:52 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Tom, carnauba wax looks great, but does needs frequent re-applications. Great for small cars. Not so much fun on RV's.

That's why I'm trying RejeX on the EL.

RejeX

It's not a wax but a thin polymer coating. Lasts much longer than wax, especially carnauba.

Bugs just rinse off the front cap.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-29-2013, 09:04 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Yeah Doc, but you have the fancy-smancy full body paint with clear coat. Just regular wax works good on that. I haven't tried Rejex cause of the many disappointing reviews. That would get kinda expensive to do the whole rig. In my advancing age, I'm down to waxing only twice a year....and so far ol' Charm's finish is holding up pretty good with the Automagic. I still have a half a gal. left. rockin'
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 07-29-2013, 09:58 PM   #7

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Yeah Doc, but you have the fancy-smancy full body paint with clear coat. Just regular wax works good on that. I haven't tried Rejex cause of the many disappointing reviews. That would get kinda expensive to do the whole rig. In my advancing age, I'm down to waxing only twice a year....and so far ol' Charm's finish is holding up pretty good with the Automagic. I still have a half a gal. left. rockin'
Charm may be looking good, but the carnuba wax in the Automagic is gone in 30 to 60 days.

RejeX would be as good or better on your gel coat than on my paint. It lasts 6 months, three to six times longer than carnauba wax.

It's less than $20 for 16 oz which will do the entire camper two times.

I've read far more good reviews than bad on RejeX.

I initially only used on the front cap. The results were so nice I did the entire Winslow with it. I did 2 coats on the front cap, one coat on the rest.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
Thanks Doc......have you done it on the any of your cars/trucks? If so how long does it water bead? You may talk me into it yet....Are you a distributor? If so, how 'bout some free samples!!! rockin'
Old 07-30-2013, 06:07 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockintom View Post
Thanks Doc......have you done it on the any of your cars/trucks? If so how long does it water bead? You may talk me into it yet....Are you a distributor? If so, how 'bout some free samples!!! rockin'
I use Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 on my vehicles and have for years. It's a consumer grade product. Easy on, easy off, long lasting and looks great. Apply sparingly with a random orbital polisher for best results.

I've not tried RejeX on my vehicles. The EL was the first thing I used it on. Water beads instantly. Black streaks are now faint between washings and wipe off easily. I applied it about 4 months ago and it's still performing the same. Will know in a few more months how long it really lasts.

I have no commercial interest in RejeX, or any other car care product.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-30-2013, 06:42 AM   #10

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by drfife View Post
I use Meguiar's NXT Generation Tech Wax 2.0 on my vehicles and have for years. It's a consumer grade product. Easy on, easy off, long lasting and looks great. Apply sparingly with a random orbital polisher for best results.

I've not tried RejeX on my vehicles. The EL was the first thing I used it on. Water beads instantly. Black streaks are now faint between washings and wipe off easily. I applied it about 4 months ago and it's still performing the same. Will know in a few more months how long it really lasts.

I have no commercial interest in RejeX, or any other car care product.
Doc,

Why don't you use ReJex on your tug? After reading the website it seems that it would be a good polish for a truck, car or any toy you may have.
Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #11

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rburke8 View Post
Doc,

Why don't you use ReJex on your tug? After reading the website it seems that it would be a good polish for a truck, car or any toy you may have.
I had just waxed the truck when I got the RejeX.

I have another bottle of NXT that I'll probably use up before applying the RejeX on the truck. Just trying to not be wasteful.

The RejeX should work great on vehicles.

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-30-2013, 08:53 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I had just waxed the truck when I got the RejeX.

I have another bottle of NXT that I'll probably use up before applying the RejeX on the truck. Just trying to not be wasteful.

The RejeX should work great on vehicles.
I understand now, just being cost conscience. Very good. I have ordered ReJex and will let you know how I like. How did you apply it?
Old 07-30-2013, 09:04 AM   #13

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rburke8 View Post
I understand now, just being cost conscience. Very good. I have ordered ReJex and will let you know how I like. How did you apply it?
I applied with a random orbital polisher with grey Lake Country pad. A little goes a LONG way.

Make sure you REALLY clean the trailer prior to application. Do not wash with a wash/wax combo detergent. They sell a special pre-cleaner. I did not use it. I suspect it's like Awsome cleaner. They give good tips on their website

'16 GMC Sierra 3500HD
Old 07-30-2013, 09:58 AM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
I applied with a random orbital polisher with grey Lake Country pad. A little goes a LONG way.

Make sure you REALLY clean the trailer prior to application. Do not wash with a wash/wax combo detergent. They sell a special pre-cleaner. I did not use it. I suspect it's like Awsome cleaner. They give good tips on their website
Yes I ordered the Extreme Clean as well. I washed this rig twice now (since October) and I used a gentle cleaner soap that came with my truck.

I will get some grey Lake Country pads and I have use of a orbital polisher her at the KOA