Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #1

Excel Owners Club
Well, The Cat's Out Of The Bag!

We finally did it....gotta new rig! It's a 2012 GKE L33. Been keeping it a secret so we could make a big splash!!! We spent 11 days at RV Sales checking things out and moving in.

I have to tell you that the initial quality of this rig appears to be the best I've seen. Fit and finish is well done. Issues appear to be minimal! Bryan told me that he could build me a rig that I would be very proud of and he kept his promise. Thanks Bryan and the whole PI team.

To see some pix check out our blog.....Clapham's Travels
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2011, 07:24 PM   #2

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via Yahoo to The General
Tom,
Congrats on great FW.
Enjoy,

Steve
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:36 PM   #3

Excel Owners Club
It looks absolutely fantastic!! Geez I wish that we were going to be able to go to Las Cruces and see it! No, I don't ... we have to use our 2006 first! Use it for at least a year! Dang it Tom ... you're making me jealous, and I haven't even used my own yet!

You WILL be putting the ribbon on your door for visitors, right?

Congratulations!!

Cindi
CynPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #4

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynPat View Post
It looks absolutely fantastic!! Geez I wish that we were going to be able to go to Las Cruces and see it! No, I don't ... we have to use our 2006 first! Use it for at least a year! Dang it Tom ... you're making me jealous, and I haven't even used my own yet!

You WILL be putting the ribbon on your door for visitors, right?

Congratulations!!

Cindi
Thanks Cindi! Yeah, the ribbon is on the door. I've seen folks walking down the street today and invited them in, but they said they'd wait to the official time spot which is Sunday 2-4pm. I'll use any dawg-gone excuse to strike up a HH!!!

We met up with our ol' pals Tim and Rosey, chief02, eeff, (both retired firefighters) what a hoot! Many others not on the forum. Great turn out and fine folks! It don't get no better than this!!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 04-29-2011, 08:05 PM   #5

Excel Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to KU9L
Hey, you must have changed your mind about the "Weird" kitchen counter retraction scenario when the slide comes in. Congrats!!!

Dave
'93 Fleetwood Oak Park w/12'x34' lanai @ Pioneer Village in N. Ft Myers, FL
KU9L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:21 PM   #6

Excel Owners Club
Congratulations!!!

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy -

Still said you got jealous when I went out and bought the big truck. But (here's what I think), since you couldn't coerce Donna into riding at the higher elevation you had to go out and get another new Excel. Lucky guy!

Let's see now, Tug is pushing 7 years old and probably feeling a little neglected by now, in spite of your anal maintenance habits. I suspect that I'm not alone in wondering when you're gonna use some of that great GM pension plan to put Tug out to pasture and hop into a brand new tow vehicle. (How about a Dodge this time around?)

Back to the topic - Congratulations on your decision to move up to a new Excel. And, please don't try to take it down into a wash - not even with your new truck.

Looking forward to seeing Donna and you in Charm somewhere down the road before too long.
Jim & Bona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus

Jayco Owners Club
RV Trip Wizard
Beautiful rig! May you enjoy many happy (s)miles in it.
2024 Ford Expedition
JMonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:23 PM   #8

Excel Owners Club
That's one fancy doodad you got there, you betcha. You plannin' on usin' that sink?
Bruce and Jenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 04:40 AM   #9

Excel Owners Club
First off Congrats on the the L33 GKE.

So ole Washout got's this here new rig. He's got the Big Head that's so big that he is going to be hard to be around . We now know the reason that Endeavor didn't launch this week. Couldn't get over the big hump in NM. I sure feel sorry for you folks at the new NM Rally. I'm sure that Tim knows how to let some of the wind out of Washout's sail.

Now he'll be on the SA pills trying to get to us folks with antique rigs. He already started that with the e-mails.

The good thing is I'm shipping him some of Billie's "South of the Border Dogs" for his enjoyment. That will keep him busy and we'll be able to fine some dirt on this new rig.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 05:45 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
It is beautiful,
Old 04-30-2011, 06:25 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still Working "NOT" View Post

Now he'll be on the SA pills trying to get to us folks with antique rigs. He already started that with the e-mails.
Congrats to you and Donna on the new Excel.....hope ya'll many safe and enjoyable days ahead!

As someone with an antique rig...we will be paying it off in May...and unlike your new Excel, we have a sink in our bathroom.

workhorse
Old 04-30-2011, 08:44 AM   #12

Excel Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
WOW...char and I will be over later to check this puppy out!

CONGRATS!
chief02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2011, 09:27 AM   #13

Congratulations! That is a nicely configured fiver
Old 04-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #14

Excel Owners Club
Thanks to everyone for the congrats and all! We are sure havin' fun showing it off here at the NM rally! What fun! rockin'