Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-16-2009, 01:48 PM   #29

Excel Owners Club
I don't know how my name keeps comin up. I do nuthin around the house. I never wash a dish, never vacuum, wash nor fold clothes. And cookin, that's really for sissies. I would never do any of that stuff. It is all woman's work. Miss Jo waits on me hand and foot.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2009, 01:59 PM   #30

Winnebago Owners Club
In your dreams buddy!! Along with all those other fantasies' you harbor! At our age, we like to chew our cud and let our old minds imagine all sorts of things.
Old 10-16-2009, 02:19 PM   #31

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakinSmoke View Post
I don't know how my name keeps comin up. I do nuthin around the house. I never wash a dish, never vacuum, wash nor fold clothes. And cookin, that's really for sissies. I would never do any of that stuff. It is all woman's work. Miss Jo waits on me hand and foot.
You otta be ashamed!!! At least you've come to grips with the problem. That's the problem half solved. You may be famous someday....as being last knuckle-draggin' male alive! Does the word "neanderthal" mean anything to ya.

Miss Jo.......you gotta one of the last "mohigans". You are indeed a saint, girlfriend!!

BTW...You sure know how to yank my chain!
2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
rockintom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 02:26 PM   #32

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefJohn View Post
In your dreams buddy!! Along with all those other fantasies' you harbor! At our age, we like to chew our cud and let our old minds imagine all sorts of things.
I've seen Chief in action. He has lots of honey-dos and he does a lot more to do too.....or anything his lovely bride thinks needs to be done. Chief may be the ruff and tuff military style Chief around here........but at home....well you know.....

2012 Excel L33ft. GKE named Charm as in 3 times is a Charm. Love Fulltiming. Bullet '14 Chevy D/A 3500 LB CC DRW Summit White - Ebony Interior. Check out our blog at: https://claphamstravels.blogspot.com
Old 10-16-2009, 02:34 PM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
Excuse me -- had to go change my "Depends" after reading SKIA's response! I've been 'house' trained since Miss Marilyn cam into my life and I've learned the error(s) of my previous ways!
Old 10-17-2009, 05:51 AM   #34

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by motojavaphil View Post
The creatures in laundromats and their dirty clothes insure we wash in the rig. In our MKO we had stackables. In our current rig we have a washer/dryer combo. I preferred the stackables but the little combo has heart and does almost everything. Personally i would never go back to the laundromat if I did not have to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryGodby View Post
I have said in the past that I tow MY bed bugs behind us. That also goes for the laundromats, I tow MY washer scum behind us. I don't need to go into a motel or laundromat to get other peoples THINGS, I have my own, Thank You very much.

I never worry about getting someone else’s cooties in the laundry mat. The water in a washer can not get hot enough to kill any bacteria. In stead of fabric softener I use Pine Sol, it kills everything and it makes my clothes softer than fabric softener ever did. The big plus is after one has been sick it kill the germs in my bed sheets and the big plus is it doesn’t have a perfume smell so when I am in the out doors the flying insects are not attracted to me. Also it is cheaper!!
BookIIRoadtrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 08:54 AM   #35

Excel Owners Club
Oh, so that's that piney smell! Like the commerical says (that's the power of Pine-Sol baby!) rockin'

Old 10-28-2009, 02:40 PM   #36

weight?

I am looking at a used Excel ltd with a washer and dryer. Not sure of the make but they are factory installed. I am somewhat concerned about the added weight of the pair. I was told that the washer weighs 400#. How can that be? Pretty hefty piece of equipement to haul around.
Daveg48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 03:09 PM   #37

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveg48 View Post
I am looking at a used Excel ltd with a washer and dryer. Not sure of the make but they are factory installed. I am somewhat concerned about the added weight of the pair. I was told that the washer weighs 400#. How can that be? Pretty hefty piece of equipement to haul around.
While I don't have the set up, I have been looking and as I recall they should not even weight that much together. I thinking the washer was 173 lbs. The dryer was lot less.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 04:23 PM   #38

I may have misunderstood. We were also talking about a generator and I can underestand one of those weighing 400#.
Daveg48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:19 PM   #39

Excel Owners Club
Dry weight on a Onan 5000 watt will be 290lbs.
Still Working "NOT" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 06:43 PM   #40

If you're still concerned about the washer/dryer stackables, we were told to plan around 275 lbs or so for them.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:12 PM   #41

We had Whirlpool Stackable's in our Excel that were excellent. I'd recommend them. We have a combo in our MH. When we first got the MH I was going to take out the combo and put in the stacks. Folks suggested I give the combo a chance. It took some getting used to. Carol has got it down to a science. Blue-jeans come out with a crease and we have survived with it quite well. We like the ease of doing the laundry in the rig. We do use laundromats for blankets and large items, but our day to day stuff is done in the rig. The space we have saved with the combo allows me to keep my motorcycle leathers hung up and space for them.
motojavaphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:53 PM   #42

Excel Owners Club
washer and dryer weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveg48 View Post
When I installed my new washer and dryer I was able to carry the dryer from the truck to the trailer myself so I know it was under 100# probably 85-90 #. The washer was too heavy for me so I had someone help me put it in place. I estimate it at 150#. When I removed my old style tv by myself I weighed it at 100# so I can estimate what I can lift and 100# is my limit.
I might suggest that if you are interested in buying a certain rv that you ask that it be taken to a scale and weighed before putting any money down on it, that way you can subtract it from the GVWR and figure out if you have enough carrying capacity.
dream reachers is offline   Reply With Quote