Originally Posted by steeltom75
My 2011 Winslow 34RLM has a short in the wiring going to the lights in my driver side living room slide out that blows the 15amp fuse, short probably caused by mice chewing on wires. Trailer has been stored in my RV Garage with slides out - the lights were working prior to last week.
I'm trying to trace where the short is at, does anyone know how / where the 12v light wiring would be routed to the slide out?
Sorry to here of your problem. If it ain't one problem, it's a half-dozen others.
When I was replacing my backup camera, I routed the cable under the trailer. I noticed a sheet metal cover running the width of the trailer. I looked inside and noticed what looked like a wiring harness loop. Figured it was the slack loop for the slide. Didn't spend any time on it but made a mental note of it and continued on with my project. That may be a good place to start.
Sorry I couldn't be of any more help. Good luck and keep us informed. It could help another with a similar problem.