Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Excel Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #15

Excel Owners Club
If I had it to do over again, the first lights I would replace with LEDs would be the outside lights, or at least the outside porch light since I rarely use the light on the street side. The incandescent bulb is hot enough to yellow the plastic lense, which won't happen with the led replacement bulb. For the outside, I used the white light. I prefer the warm color for the inside bulbs as you pointed out.
- John
janieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2013, 06:17 PM   #16

Hey Gary
There you are! I'm back on the Tug and the rig is stored in the Phoenix area. The Solar installation is just about complete and I can't wait to get back there. What LCD's are you referring to. Gary, what is your "ghost load?" ours is 1.2 amps. I'm really pleased with the LEDs. It was a lucky break for us running into that fellow in Carefree. When do you guys get on the road? I'm off the boat the middle of April.
Jeff
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 06:31 AM   #17

Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff426 View Post
Hey Gary
There you are! I'm back on the Tug and the rig is stored in the Phoenix area. The Solar installation is just about complete and I can't wait to get back there. What LCD's are you referring to. Gary, what is your "ghost load?" ours is 1.2 amps. I'm really pleased with the LEDs. It was a lucky break for us running into that fellow in Carefree. When do you guys get on the road? I'm off the boat the middle of April.
Jeff
I should have typed LED lights, sorry. I had them factory installed in all the 20 some odd round fixtures.
Exactly what did you wind up installing as far as solar goes? Pics?
As far as ghost loads, mine were always somewhere between 1 and 4 depending on what you call ghost loads. I used to use the 120v circuit breakers to control the loads so usually the tv, vcr and such were drawing nothing when not in use. I guess other than those type of loads you would have the dc voltage of the refer, the propane detector, and such which will be probably around 1-2 amps on mine.
I really haven't paid much attention to mine while hooked up to 120v and probably won't until I start using the inverter.
We are usually on the road right after gdd's birthday which is mid-May and should be heading west. We have a Texas Boomers rally coming up in a couple of weeks and a Texas Excel rally coming up in April so I should be able to check things out before we get into some serious traveling.

G

PS-My fly rod is starting to shiver in its case.
Old 03-08-2013, 11:42 AM   #18

Maybe we should meet at East bank on the Bighole after 8/17, I'll have the boat. That will stop the quivering in that rod case!!! As you know, there may be a fish or two to catch between there and Melrose. I will forward the pictures of the installation when I get them. We went with the Tristar 60Amp controller and 5 150watt panels. I know it was overkill but we expect the NW to have less solar than the south. I'm looking forward to getting back and trying it all out! I think it will be places like the Bighole where we will be glad for the overkill! Talk to you soon!!
Jeff426 is offline   Reply With Quote