Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK)
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2014, 07:26 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Are We There Yet?................

.................Hahahahahaha

I have been called a "Planner from hell", an old occupational hazard - sorry.

But I like to plan things like trips! Helps us get through the winter.

We are new to the Newmar family just purchasing a 2002 DSDP 3852. What a time of the year to get a "new to us" coach and we have no plans to head south during the winter - ugh.

So - as a member of NKK, was looking at the possibility of heading to the 2015 NKK International Rally in Lewisburg, WV in July! 👍

I was wondering if anyone else was thinking about this?

I have been to West "By God" Virginia many times and not far from Lewisburg - beautiful country.

And................what a great way to practice my "coach mountain driving"!!!! 💺

Glenn
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2014, 07:33 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Indy Glenn,
Congrats on your new to you coach. I'm thinking about attending. Trying to get the wife's doctor visits scheduled will be the only show stopper.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2014, 05:17 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
It's a must.
DW and I went to our first International in Escanaba MI this past July. Was the best rally we've ever been too. I volunteered to work in parts dept and the service dept. Really enjoyed it. Was approx 365 Newmars there.

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2014, 03:18 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryKD View Post
Hi Indy Glenn,
Congrats on your new to you coach. I'm thinking about attending. Trying to get the wife's doctor visits scheduled will be the only show stopper.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bowpulpit View Post
It's a must.
DW and I went to our first International in Escanaba MI this past July. Was the best rally we've ever been too. I volunteered to work in parts dept and the service dept. Really enjoyed it. Was approx 365 Newmars there.
Thanks Gary, "Steve&Debbie",

As I said in my original post - I am a planner..........................yesterday I made reservations for a week at a camp ground called Poncho's Pond in Ludington, MI. About a 5 hour drive (by car) from the house. It gets a great rating on a RV Parks app. This will be our first "trip" of any substance, we have been to and will I am sure travel to local state parks on the weekends with friends.

This trip to Michigan will be a good precursor for the trip to the rally in WVA.

At least I have satisfied that need to plan - Hahahahahaha. (Read my blog).

Steve&Debbie - tell me about volunteering at the rally, sounds interesting.

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving..............

g
Old 11-30-2014, 07:44 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Indy Glenn,
At the Newmar Int'l rallys they are several venues all of which are staffed by volunteer Newmar Kountry Klub members. In the Parts department, Newmar has brought to the rally hundreds of parts for sale for several years/coaches. In the Service department, Newmar has several factory technicians that will repair items on your coach (nothing major) right at the event at reduced rates. In gift shop you will find many Newmar items for sale. We were encouraged to volenteer and glad we did so. Met many nice folks we would have not otherwise.
I assume you've joined the Newmar Kounrty Klub. If not please do so as there's a lot going on and this is how you register for all Newmar Company events such as the International. Once you do so you can then join one or more regional/local Newmar clubs all of which have local rallys thru out the year. We belong to two such clubs and have made life long friends and go to many rallys each year.
By the way, DW and I lived in Bloomington for a few years before being transferred. we really liked living there but now have no tolerance for cold weather.

bowpulpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:12 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
It's a must.
Escanaba was our first real "Rally" of this kind We got in early and were parked close to the main area. We were the ones walking around with the 2 German Shepherd Dogs.

It was a great experience meeting other Newmar owners. It wasn't too bad on the wallet either. LOL

I think the greatest thing we took away from it was that while there are some great new rigs coming out of Nappannee, we had a great appreciation for out current home on wheels. Yes, it is true, you CAN go to a rally without buying a new MH!
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2014, 08:25 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Indy Glenn,
At the Newmar Int'l rallys they are several venues all of which are staffed by volunteer Newmar Kountry Klub members. In the Parts department, Newmar has brought to the rally hundreds of parts for sale for several years/coaches. In the Service department, Newmar has several factory technicians that will repair items on your coach (nothing major) right at the event at reduced rates. In gift shop you will find many Newmar items for sale. We were encouraged to volenteer and glad we did so. Met many nice folks we would have not otherwise.
I assume you've joined the Newmar Kounrty Klub. If not please do so as there's a lot going on and this is how you register for all Newmar Company events such as the International. Once you do so you can then join one or more regional/local Newmar clubs all of which have local rallys thru out the year. We belong to two such clubs and have made life long friends and go to many rallys each year.
By the way, DW and I lived in Bloomington for a few years before being transferred. we really liked living there but now have no tolerance for cold weather.
Newmar Kountry Klub # 20609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky_Boss View Post
Escanaba was our first real "Rally" of this kind We got in early and were parked close to the main area. We were the ones walking around with the 2 German Shepherd Dogs.

It was a great experience meeting other Newmar owners. It wasn't too bad on the wallet either. LOL

I think the greatest thing we took away from it was that while there are some great new rigs coming out of Nappannee, we had a great appreciation for out current home on wheels. Yes, it is true, you CAN go to a rally without buying a new MH!
Nice to see it is "pet" friendly.............we have an Airdale Terrier pup of 7 months old.......and a handful.

g
Old 11-30-2014, 08:31 AM   #8

Welcome and congrats.
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote