Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > RV LIFE STYLES FORUMS > Clubs & Associations > Newmar Kountry Klub (NKK)
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-06-2010, 09:07 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
HEY!! ALL NKK'rs, What Ya Up Too???

Good Morning Newmar Kountry Klubbers!!!

It's ANOTHER bright, sunny morning here in really, really, GRAND, Casa Grande, AZ. The sun is just coming up over the Eastern horizon silhouetting various mountain ranges in the East and turning ranges to the West a beautiful orange. My wife, Lynette, (who of course is still sleeping ) and I, have decided to hang out in Arizona THIS winter and will be bouncing around here.

So,......where are YOU all currently???? And, what are ya planning till spring????

Jump in!!!

Steve & Lynette
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #2

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Gee, I'm sorry your unable to enjoy the GRAND New England Fall colors. It's a site to behold. Maybe sometime you'll be fortunate enough to get this way,().
Keep us posted on all the hot spots of Arizona. Although we are heading to Florida shortly, we do plan on heading that way possible next winter. Always interested in suggestions of the experienced.
Happy trails...
Tiffin Allegro Bus, 425 Cummins Freightliner XCR, Camp Freightliner, Acadia Denali, tow-N-4 Down, Blue-OX tow bar, TST Monitors, Seelevel II Monitors, Samsung Res Fridge, Progressive 50A-EMS, No Kids-No Pets, Full Time.
bdaball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 01:05 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Dodging raindrops in the Pacific NW, waiting for the holidays to come and go.

Leaving the Pacific NW mid Jan for Quartzsite Gathering in the Desert, then on to Tucson (Davis Monthan AFB) for Feb and Mar in order to dry out, kill the moss, play some golf, do some hiking and generally enjoy the warmer, dry weather.

Spike
FMCA F113720, NKK 18573
Spikester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:16 PM   #4
TW

Newmar Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What are we doing????

We are not dodging raindrops, had great sunshine this week, but I can see the new snowlevel at about 1,500 to 2,000 ft or so on the mountains around us.
So - next week will be winterizing, at least until we go SOUTH in Jan. or February. Just can't see us spending Christmas on a campground?! But next year it will be. This retired life is hard to take

TW
TW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:51 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Spending the holidays at home in Thousand Oaks, CA. Have some minor project to complete on our '02 Mt. Aire 4095 before spring arrives. If my DW would just retire and join me, we could visit you in AZ. 'Til then, I clean, polish, touch up, etc our 41 foot beauty waiting for spring.

Then I head out, keeping cell contact with DW, while my golden and I visit the east coast family and friends.
a10koaksfed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 07:58 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
I followed the Fall weather from Petosky, Michigan down to Florida by way of Pigeon Forge Tennessee, Charlotte, North Carolina and Charleston, South Carolina. I haven't gotten to the stick house yet, but it is getting close. Stopped in Crystal River to check out the area for a NKK Rally next February. Then on to Okeechobee for a Sea Turtle chapter rally (only 75 miles from the stick house!). But then it was off to Tampa for a Manatee Chapter rally (now am 230 miles from the stick house). Tomorrow it is off to Ft. Myers and North Trail RV (110 miles from the stick house). A couple of days at North Trail and then it will be off to the stick house. I'll bet you can just guess how excited I am to return to the stick house after being away for 5 months,,,,yea right.

This winter travel is limited to NKK chapter rallies and other NKK events in sunny warm Florida. I'm already planning next year's adventures.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Hi Steve and Lynette
We are in FL until end of Feb. than Barbara goes home for knee replacement, yes we came back to our favorite RV Resort in the Tampa area "Tampa East". Weather has been great, was happy it cooled down for a few days now lets get back to the 80's.
Hope you can go over to Quartzsite and enjoy the Newmar group over there as it is something everyone should do at least once, we are just sorry we couldn't do it again this year.
Joe

THE MIND IS LIKE A PARACHUTE, IT MUST BE OPEN TO WORK
read & learn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 10:48 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
bdaball:

Love those New England/Maine fall colors. We've visited a few times and I lived in Portland (Served w. Coast Guard) back in 67. Having come from Northern Minnesota, I really appreciated those beautiful falls along the coast. Winters were o.k. too, but I've long ago lost my snow shovel !!

Spikester:

Hey!..might see ya in Quartzite. Then we're off to Benson before migrating toward Tampa in March or April for our sons retirement from the Air Force at McDill in Tampa. He just returned from his 4th tour in the middle-East (2 in Iraq, 2 in Afghanistan). He's and EOD (Explosive Ordiance Disposal) guy, so we're VERY glad he'll not have to head back there again.

TW:

Hey, GET OUTTA THAT SNOW COUNTRY...Christmas at a WARM campground ain't bad !!

a10koaksfed:

Ya know, ya COULD do those rig projects here in AZ and STILL keep in touch on the cell phone with your wife !!

Hey, Gary !!:

We'll be back in Florida in late March or early April for our sons retirement from Air Force. Maybe you'll be done with all those stick house chores by then...eh?

Joe (read and learn):

Ya know, we just might try to spend at least a few days with the Newmar bunch at Quartzite. We've never yet attended and we do want to see what it's all about.

Hope Barbara's surgery goes well.

Oh....say....you're staying at Tampa East again. Have ya learned to speak French yet ??? We sure enjoyed our Quebec and Ontario neighbors while we were there, however, that oak tree pollen time during Feb. to April dang near did my wife in. NO MORE pollen times for her!!

SO, WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU NKK'rs???

Steve & Lynette
Old 11-07-2010, 08:08 PM   #9

In Wisconsin. We're anticipating 60 degree weather (seriously) tomorrow and for a couple more days which is good. This is moving week with the sale of our house on Friday. It is part of a plan to downsize to a condo eventually but in the meantime try out full timing. We'll stay with our son through the holidays and then head to Florida for the winter. Here's where I could use some help with recommendations for nice RV resorts in Florida. We don't need a RV resort with golfing as we haven't taken time to get into it so far. Just a nice friendly clean attractive RV park with some activities and close to an area with things to do. We'll probably move around so maybe 1 month in one location would be the maximum stay.
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:16 AM   #10

Newmar Owners Club
Hi enjoyrv,
Now the fun begins. There are hundreds if not thousands of places to winter in Florida. Before making any suggestions can you tell us:

1. What is the range of cost you will accept for lot rent?
2. How far south in Florida would you like to be? From the Georgia border to Key West is over 500 miles. This means there is a wide range of winter weather.
3. Do you prefer the beach or something like the Orlando area? Water activities or not? Post here and I'll provide some suggestions.
Nobody Knows Your Coach Like Somebody Who Owns One Just Like Yours
GaryKD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Rich (enjoyrv):

Yeah, what Gary said . We kinda need some basic idea of where you'd like to be and what you'd be comfortable spending for rent.

My wife (Lynette) and I are currently spending most of this winter over here in Arizona, but have most frequently hung out in Florida as our son lives in the Tampa area.

Ya probably already know this, but, if not,....there's an imaginary line running across the state of Florida from roughly the Tampa area on the Gulf, and East toward the Atlantic side. It's kinda generally thought that North of this line it can be pretty cool during the winter, while staying along this line or below (South) of this line the winter temps are much warmer (more mild). Of course, it's ALL relative...especially for folks from "up North." We're originally out of Duluth, Minnesota, and since you're out of Wisconsin, Northern Florida and the cooler panhandle temps still look and feel pretty good to us..eh?

Let us all know where you plan on staying and you'll likely get some good suggestions. Have a good winter!!

Steve & Lynette
Old 11-08-2010, 07:06 PM   #12

Thanks guys for the replies. I'm try to provide more info so you can make suggestions. This is our first winter in Florida. We spent some time in Texas and Arizona last winter. We will probably spend a couple weeks in the Orlando area seeing friends, relatives, and Mickey. We've been to Fort Wilderness and like it even though it is pricey.

We'd like to spend maybe upward to a month on the gulf side and like the warmer climate. Texas was too cold last year. So south of Tampa makes sense. A close friend recommended Silver Lake in Naples as being very nice but very pricey ($1700 month for Jan- Mar) or Gulf Water RV Resort in Fort Myers (about $1500 month). We don't need golfing, boating or skijet, so just nice beach and/or pool areas to unwind. Price range could be $750 to $1200 month. My wife loves all kinds of crafting and we enjoy hiking, leisure biking, exploring nature and local attractions.

We may want to move around some so we can see other parts of the state. So maybe after a month we may want to find another spot maybe on the east coast to spend a couple weeks.

Let me know if that helps. Otherwise ask away and I'll try to get more specific with my answers.

Rich
enjoyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM   #13
a k

Newmar Owners Club
There's snow on the ground in spots up Here a Nappanne
a k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 08:15 AM   #14

Newmar Owners Club
Hey, a k:

SNOW!!! Geeeze!....make a run for it .

Steve & Lynette