RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2017, 08:09 AM   #1

00 Intruder - Water Connection Help

00 Intruder new to me and my first RV. Someone has messed with the city water connection and external shower connections. I have attached my pics since stoopid Google would not let me image post.
The current piping confuses me, if I hooked up a hose as is where would the water actually go? For external shower, where would it actually spray/shower from. Where can I get new valves since all the knobs are missing?
Ideally if someone could post pics of their correct setup and/or plumbing diagram that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Rick
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170430_121009.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	160208   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170430_120956.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	400.4 KB
ID:	160209  

BlueCyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
Looks like your outside shower is missing. A replacement should go in the holes present. Phoenix Replacement Hot / Cold Valve White - $26.99

I really can't see the hose attachment, it looks like it's just out of the frame in the right hand photo. If you connect a hose, monitor and listen as water runs. Often there's a valve that switches between "city water" and "tank fill" If that valve fails, it can allow water tank to overfill and perhaps damage it or surrounding structure.

Another modification might have been made by eliminating the switching valve and adding a gravity fill for the water tank. If you have a gravity fill port, then perhaps the water tank isn't connected to the city water port. The city water port might need a check valve to prevent the water pump from pumping water out the city hose connection. Testing will tell how many changes from the original configuration have been made.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 08:07 AM   #3

There is a gravity fill but is on the other side of the bus and it looks factory.

Yes that is the hose connection to the right that is zip tied to it's normal mounting hole - that is strange.

So the upper 2 holes where it says shower should be one? Puzzling that someone would remove and put in 2 other valves then lose the handles.

I spent 4 hours searching yesterday could not find a picture of an Intruder wet bay years 99-01-
-- What i did learn is that the 2 lower point drains appear to be hooked correctly, just need new handles (or valve assemblys)

Good idea to hook up water and see what happens.......
Old 05-02-2017, 09:04 AM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Did you make the jigsaw cuts in the panel? It looks like someone was trying to cut out an opening to get to what's behind. Is your water pump behind it? Odd, because one of the screws holding the panel is missing from the lower right bracket. Further, the shower was removed. With no shut offs normally installed in the hot and cold supply lines, it looks like some kind of plug was used, not a shut off valve. Same for the low point drains, I've not seen valves like in the photo, broken or not. In addition, I see a cracked fitting going through a panel on the inside photo, but see no corresponding view of the fitting or hole from the panel face. More photos needed to clearly see what's going on.

Bob & Donna
Old 05-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #5

No, I have not touched it except to take the pics, I did note the screw missing lower right. Wondering if that is even the correct panel for this bus.

not sure where water pump is or even how to turn it on at this point.

I will stop by my storage place and take some better pics of the plumbing.
Old 05-02-2017, 09:25 AM   #6

Gulf Streamers Club
Check that the 'low point drains' actually have plumbing connected behind the panel. Also, if that cracked fitting is in the cold water shower supply, it either needs a shut off valve or replacement or it will leak when hooking up city water.

Water pump switches are usually inside near sinks or in a central panel that has switches for water heater (don't turn on with tank empty) water pump, and often the tank levels display. Additional pump switch perhaps in bathroom.

Bob & Donna
Old 05-08-2017, 10:48 AM   #7

Well, upon further investigation, it appears all the water lines are original. I am guessing the original shower valve set must have been leaking and someone started prepping to replace with one of the box versions - hence the cuts in the panel. See pic
I finally found a pic from an unmolested Intruder which is also attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Damon wet bay2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	265.8 KB
ID:	161087   Click image for larger version

Name:	pipes_back2.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	255.2 KB
ID:	161088  

Tags