Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-06-2014, 04:05 PM   #1

09 Outlaw Fuel Station no worky

Is there a second switch that needs turned on besides the little flip handle
once you pull the hose out? Or where do I look for a fuse that might be blown.?
First time using the fuel station. Everything else is working great.
exracer941 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2014, 10:03 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
If there is power coming to the pump and the ground is good, then the problem is in the pump interior parts. There is a rubber star that spins inside the pump that can expand and cause the pump to seize.

If there is no power at the pump, then the fuse is blown on the panel inside the coach.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 05:28 AM   #3

I am no electrical genius, but have some people here at the track who can diagnose. Will check it out. Thanks for the lookout.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:39 PM   #4

Please see link below with steps I followed to fix this. Credit to Don!

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/outl...fix-90890.html

Good luck,

Mike
tr21r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:42 PM   #5

Newer Outlaws have secret button to make pump work

Our 2015 outlaw pump station requires three steps. 1) ground the pump to frame - you will see clip and place to hook. 2) turn pump switch on near pump. 3) in the OTHER larger bay two bays down there is a long 'button/switch' near top of bay you must push in and hold in. In other words,it take two people to pump. Text me if you can't find. 2522928292
Outlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:14 AM   #6

Fuel pump no worky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Our 2015 outlaw pump station requires three steps. 1) ground the pump to frame - you will see clip and place to hook. 2) turn pump switch on near pump. 3) in the OTHER larger bay two bays down there is a long 'button/switch' near top of bay you must push in and hold in. In other words,it take two people to pump. Text me if you can't find. 2522928292
Not sure if it was mentioned, but ensure you 50amp compartment door is closed. Thee is a limit switch bottom left corner on mine by the weather stripping.
Old 06-12-2014, 05:52 AM   #7

Good info gang. Can anyone confirm that the 09 has the same setup?
I will take a look this weekend when I get back home.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:53 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlawz View Post
Our 2015 outlaw pump station requires three steps. 1)... 2)... 3) in the OTHER larger bay two bays down there is a long 'button/switch' near top of bay you must push in and hold in. In other words,it take two people to pump...
Quote:
Originally Posted by JALTAR View Post
Not sure if it was mentioned, but ensure you 50amp compartment door is closed. There is a limit switch bottom left corner on mine by the weather stripping.
Sounds like "Nanny Engineering" at it's best...I think these 2 posts might be the same deal. They want the electric service bin door closed while using the fueling station.

This is not how it was in the older units...you should be able to just turn it on a and pump.

This problem is that the pump is fed by a tiny fuel line. The pressure will seem high at first, then the flow will decrease. These pumps were designed to pull fuel from a barrel. But, the pump is not sitting on the tank, so the "bottle neck" is the rubber line shared with the generator feed.
And the flow will stop at about 1/4 tank to prevent accidental stranding of the RV.

Best luck
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-28-2014, 02:57 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
And confirmed...the fueling station now has protection for the electric service bay...see:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f121/2014...nt-195325.html
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV

Tags
fuel