Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-05-2019, 08:38 AM   #1

2001 Damon Escaper Ladder

Don't even ask how I managed this, but I now need to replace the top section of the rear ladder on my Escaper. Called Thor and they have no info going back that far. I have a RV Salvage yard looking for a used one. Does anyone know who made the ladder or if a new one is even available?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thank You
widmerhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-05-2019, 04:38 PM   #2

They have universal ladders where you can position the standoffs so they align with the holes of the old ladder. No new drilling required.
I just put one one on my coach. Had my house jump in the way backing up next to it [emoji12]
Old 09-06-2019, 07:57 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
They have universal ladders where you can position the standoffs so they align with the holes of the old ladder. No new drilling required.
I just put one one on my coach. Had my house jump in the way backing up next to it [emoji12]
Those darn houses ….

I was looking at the universal ladder but was wondering about the arc / setback on the roof. Are they all the same. Want to be able to line up to the holes on the roof rather then drill new holes and look for support braces etc. I can't seem to find a universal ladder on the web that gives me complete dimensions.
Old 09-06-2019, 06:00 PM   #4

Actually on mine the top arch was positioned to the front about an inch to far.
I bought a section of aluminum pipe the same diameter as the standoffs that came with the ladder and made some new standoffs about an 1.5" longer than those supplied to make up for setting the ladder back further so the holes aligned on the roof.
Solved my problem of the toes of my shoes hitting the back cap when climbing the ladder
Old 09-09-2019, 09:23 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry B View Post
Actually on mine the top arch was positioned to the front about an inch to far.
I bought a section of aluminum pipe the same diameter as the standoffs that came with the ladder and made some new standoffs about an 1.5" longer than those supplied to make up for setting the ladder back further so the holes aligned on the roof.
Solved my problem of the toes of my shoes hitting the back cap when climbing the ladder
Thanks for the feedback and Tips, good idea to increase size of standoffs.

Thanks

Tags
damon