Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2019, 07:21 AM   #1

2007 Damon Tuscany parts?

As some of you may know, I picked up a Tuscany through an insurance auction house, and it needs a few things.

I need a door latch for one of the side swinging basement compartments...anyone have a spec for those? Are they just generic Lipperts?

And the headlights, anyone know which car make/model they came from?

I have been in contact with a few RV salvage yards, but they're cumbersome to deal with...
Anyone have a RV salvage yard suggestion?
stripperguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2019, 02:25 PM   #2

Thor should have the door latch assemblies, and other odd bits and pieces. Ebay is likely your most economical source of headlight assemblies for the Damon.
Oregonpharme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 02:51 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
door latches are pretty standard

tri mark site has lots.

thor may or may not help you.

email them.

the headlights,
i tried a few years ago to find the make and model of the vehicle
it came back to a toyota.

there is a search on google where you can enter the numbers on the lens

https://www.protuninglab.com/200320071.html

this was one i had found
never did order them, it sort of fell off the list as a priority to upgrade as i pretty much never drive at night
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 06:19 PM   #4

powerboatr,

Thanks for the info...I'm slightly incapacitated for a few days recovering from knee surgery. As soon as I get moving again, I'll check the headlight for some sort of numbers and search for a car equivalent.

And I looked at the Trimark stuff, again, I'll have to look at the existing latch ans see if there's any identifying numbers.

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:32 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by stripperguy View Post
powerboatr,

Thanks for the info...I'm slightly incapacitated for a few days recovering from knee surgery. As soon as I get moving again, I'll check the headlight for some sort of numbers and search for a car equivalent.

And I looked at the Trimark stuff, again, I'll have to look at the existing latch ans see if there's any identifying numbers.

Thanks a lot!

when my entrance door tri mark handle broke last year, i had to take it off and the lady at trimark was able to identify it via a picture of the inerds and had me a new one in a few days.
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides

Old 12-22-2019, 10:08 AM   #6

Damon Owners Club
I did a search a few years ago for replacement of my 2007 Damon Tuscany headlights. This is what I found back then. 2000 Infiniti I30 was listed as the headlight assembly. I decided to just restore the lens and replace the bulbs with higher intensity bulb.
gvcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2019, 12:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvcook View Post
I did a search a few years ago for replacement of my 2007 Damon Tuscany headlights. This is what I found back then. 2000 Infiniti I30 was listed as the headlight assembly. I decided to just restore the lens and replace the bulbs with higher intensity bulb.

I just came in from hobbling over by the Tuscany...
the designation on the headlight is:

DEPO-315-1140R
which is indeed a replacement headlight from(for?) a 2000-2001 Infiniti I30 sedan

Not much hope to salvage that headlight, it's cracked in too many places.
I'll just buy a new replacement, it looks like the driver side was already replaced during the hillbilly repair.

Also, the compartment door latch is a Lippert 346693, available anywhere for $22-$44, depending on the source.

And as for the wiper motor, still haven't had time to verify the motor is actually bad, but the motor spec is:
WEXCO D103
Pretty standard part, also available anywhere.

I appreciate the feedback, guys, and maybe I can even add to the knowledge base as time goes on...
Old 12-30-2019, 07:57 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
I just came in from hobbling over by the Tuscany...
the designation on the headlight is:

DEPO-315-1140R
which is indeed a replacement headlight from(for?) a 2000-2001 Infiniti I30 sedan

Not much hope to salvage that headlight, it's cracked in too many places.
I'll just buy a new replacement, it looks like the driver side was already replaced during the hillbilly repair.

Also, the compartment door latch is a Lippert 346693, available anywhere for $22-$44, depending on the source.

And as for the wiper motor, still haven't had time to verify the motor is actually bad, but the motor spec is:
WEXCO D103
Pretty standard part, also available anywhere.

I appreciate the feedback, guys, and maybe I can even add to the knowledge base as time goes on...

yep the light assemblies are familiar.
i have found them to be pricey imo for really crappy lights for a bus. they flat suck at night. partly because you are so high up form them, and the incredible glare and reflections off the windshield .
i simply will not drive at night unless its an absolute necessity

we really need lights on the roof line aimed down and out.

Old 04-27-2020, 06:59 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
I put led bulbs in my Daybreak and properly aimed the headlights. Made a HUGE difference
HarryStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 02:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryStone View Post
I put led bulbs in my Daybreak and properly aimed the headlights. Made a HUGE difference

Uhmmm, yeah....it's gonna be a while before I'm ready for headlights.

Old 04-28-2020, 10:49 PM   #11

Damon Owners Club
looks like it...but when you do...
HarryStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #12

@stripperguy

Just curious how your doing with your coach. I have been following your "rebuild" posts with interest.

I couldn't understand how you managed to get the Genset out just using blocks and the coach jacks. I understand now after seeing your pictures. Nice job on the straight cut across the front cap. How do you plan on reattaching the lower half??
Lawgiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 11:26 AM   #13

Mr. giver,
The generator was removed before the front cap cut...we used a series of blocks to gain additional height over just the front jacks alone, had a bout 1/4" to spare.

As for the front cap, I used a laser level to mark off the cut line, and used a Dewalt vibrating cutter for the actual cut. Way less muss and fuss than a recip or circular saw.

It took quite a bit of fiberglass mat and resin (over 1 gallon) to stiffen/rebuild the front cap from the backside. When I was ready to begin the cosmetic repairs on the front side, MDB (My Darling Bride) kept asking if it would fit back on.
Of course it will, I explained, it came off, right? Well, at her persistent questioning, I enlisted the help of my SIL to carry the cap out and prove how well it fits.
The cap near the cut line fit flawlessly, aaaannnndddd the lower half was 4" too wide!!
Yup, 4", might as well have been 4 feet, the repaired and rebuilt cap was incredibly stiff and strong, and there was no hope to spring it into shape.

Back into the garage, I had to cut 5 slits in the lower apron, then cut a couple 2 by's to the same length as the coach width, screw those 2 by's to the lower front cap, and repair/rebuild that lower apron again. After a few days of work, it fits like a glove!!
I then started to cosmetic repairs on the front side.

I had to remove all of the plastic protective stuff, Diamond Shield?, before I could hope to get everything sanded down to base fiberglass. A few days of that, and I started the actual repairs. Currently, I'm 70% finished with that, but had to divert my calories to the continued construction of our new home. (Electrical rough in, plumbing rough in, radiant heat lines).
Insulation subs are are coming this Monday, sheetrock delivery and Wednesday and sheetrock and taping sub starts this Thursday.
So I can start back in on the Tuscany repairs this week.

I did manage to replace the missing front passenger slide topper awing, and replace the damaged window awning arms, and replace the missing main awning arm. I also purchased all the MetroPak connectors to repair the severed front wiring. Oh, and I repaired the electric stairs too.

Unfortunately, with our planned cross country trip delayed until July 2021, and the part of our home construction that needs our direct labor hours, the Tuscany has taken a back seat.

When I have a moments rest, I'll post some photos of the repair progress.

Thanks for asking...
Old 06-23-2020, 09:31 PM   #14

Quote:
MDB (My Darling Bride) kept asking if it would fit back on.
Of course it will, I explained, it came off, right? Well, at her persistent questioning, I enlisted the help of my SIL to carry the cap out and prove how well it fits.
The cap near the cut line fit flawlessly, aaaannnndddd the lower half was 4" too wide!!
Yup, 4", might as well have been 4 feet, the repaired and rebuilt cap was incredibly stiff and strong, and there was no hope to spring it into shape.

That's too funny...... At least you have a sense of humor about it. I'll bet you wish you would have found that out before she asked. Been down that road myself more times than I care to admit.
Thanks for the update. Sounds like you have your hands full for a while. A shame about your trip being postponed. However, sounds like it will give you the time you need to do everything "right".
Lawgiver is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
damon, parts, tuscany