RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #57
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleartec1 View Post
My driver's side light come on with the patio light switch at the door. As far as the home theater cable under the dash!! I Love my TV playing through my overhead speakers. On another note!! I just purchased a MAGNA SHADE for the front windshield, Man do I love being able to look through the windshield with privacy from the outside!! Makes it a lot cooler sitting in the sun. Tony
MAGNE SHADE - VERY COOL IDEA
Magne Shade - Home

I really like this one:

Name:   tiger_eye_shade.jpg
Views: 191
Size:  17.9 KB

The MagneShade website says they are custom to your MH...NUC - do you mind telling how much did yours cost?
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-02-2012, 01:24 PM   #58
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Questions about the Workhorse equipped Outlaw. From a different thread, I'm thinking that I have a W24 (w/ Meritor brake calipers) vs. W22.

Does anyone know if there were 2 Workhorse chassis (W22/W24) sold on the Outlaw?
Does anyone know how to tell the difference?

Also from that other thread, thinkin' I have discovered that I have a full Roadmaster 9060 Toad braking set-up in my MH...
'Cuz, I have all the plumbing -and- a compressor that runs on start-up after any extended shut-down. Does anyone else have an electric compressor onboard...and if you do, what is the compressor for?

The second-hand MH treasure hunt continues...

Thanks
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 06-04-2012, 09:53 PM   #59
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Questions about the Workhorse equipped Outlaw. From a different thread, I'm thinking that I have a W24 (w/ Meritor brake calipers) vs. W22.

Does anyone know if there were 2 Workhorse chassis (W22/W24) sold on the Outlaw?
Does anyone know how to tell the difference?

The second-hand MH treasure hunt continues...

Thanks
I'm "pooling" info here - to ID a W24 vs. another Workhorse Chassis...the 6th digit of the VIN will be an "A" and the GVWR will be posted at 24,000LB for a W24, so that's what I have.

The W24 seems to not have had the dragging Brake problem that was the object of a recall (Meritor vs. Bosch brakes on the W22). And, some Outlaws w/ Workhorse were under Recall for a steering problem (stripped threads would cause a steering rod failure), Fuel rail clip could fail (causing a fuel leak under the doghouse), and there was a typo on a tire lable (swapped U.S. for metric measures). Mine was reportely not under these recalls...but it was worth the check.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 07-16-2012, 09:53 PM   #60
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarab0088 View Post
Hey folks,
First, an electrical question in my '07 Outlaw...and, might be the same for most late model Outlaws, but maybe they changed it(?).

"Should" the engine driven alternator charge the house batteries? Mine did not until I made a change.

That's all I have to say about that
Well folks, after living with our Outlaw for over a year, I am still discovering new things - like the answer to my own question above is: "yes, the engine should charge the House Batteries."

While working on the Kwikee step, I found a blown fuse in the under-hood fuse panel and now the house batteries get a nice strong charge from the engine's alternator. This makes me very happy, because I just thought it was one of "those qwirks" I had to live with.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 AM   #61

Can anyone share what they use to lube their levelers and slides? Maybe even share a link where they bought it?
Old 07-25-2012, 01:09 PM   #62
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropframe View Post
Can anyone share what they use to lube their levelers and slides? Maybe even share a link where they bought it?
I use silicon spray lubricant for my automotive needs that don't require actual grease or regular oil (from door locks and hinges to leveling jack shafts), because unlike other spray lubricants (like WD-40), silicon will partially dry and does not attract dirt as much.

You can get it at WallyWorld
Walmart.com: Liquid Wrench RV Silicone Spray Lubricant: Automotive
or really anywhere
Silicone Spray

Don't hear me say WD-40 is bad - WD-40 wicks away mosture - but it will also attract and hold dirt and dust.

Kwikee (AKA Powergear) makes our step system and Slides (I think) and they sell a spray lube too, but I think it's just a silicon spray:
Kwikee Accessories - Power Gear
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 07-25-2012, 05:40 PM   #63

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Same here, Silicone spray
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #64
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
GTS (Tony) asked a question here:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/gts-...es-130600.html

Adding add'l house batteries...
I am planning the same thing, so figured you experts might have an opinion(?).

What say you?
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-18-2012, 03:45 PM   #65

So how do you guys change your fan speeds? I want to turn off the fans in the bathroom and the garage. I can have my kid stand on the counter in the bathroom, but I have to figure out how to do the garage.

Can you set the hight of the lids on the fan as well?
Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #66

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
I don't. I have them both set on #2 and that's where they stay.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 08:00 PM   #67
Community Administrator

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I carry a fold-up ladder to reach the roof and used that in the garage to change the fan speed.

And, I have climbed-up on the counter to change the one in the bathroom, but the counter did not like me standing on it...but I don't have any little people to help. The counters groaning made me think about making a "socket" (like in "socket wrench") kind of thing to put on the end of the awning pull rod to reach the fan knob(s).

Another item of my TO DO list.
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Old 09-23-2012, 04:42 AM   #68

Scaraboo88, I have an 08 outlaw. Stock stereo- Pioneer- There is a RCA cable at the main TV that runs to the front under the dasn radio, mine had yellow tape at both ends. There is an adaptor that you have to buy to go from coaxial audio to RCA at the TV and another adaptor to plug into the front stereo (aux input). The TV will then play thru the overhead speakers. As far as the amp, Mine has the stock amp next to the drivers left foot. Hope that helps.
Nucleartec1 is offline   Reply With Quote