RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-12-2011, 12:38 PM   #1

2007 Outlaw newb questions

I am having 2 issues with my Outlaw - hopefully they will be easy to answer:

1. Can the drivers seat rotate towards the back? There are warnings on the dash saying to make sure it is locked forward, but I can't see any levers to rotate it.

2. On the drivers side is a porch light. How do I turn it on? I figured out how to turn on the entry side lights, the rear lights, but not the light over by the utilities - any ideas?
dropframe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-12-2011, 05:28 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the awesome world of Outlaw owners! We're a great group of people : )

The drivers seat will rotate 180 degrees.
On the left side lift the lever to put it fully upright. Move the seat all the way foreword. Adjust the steering wheel full up. Then on the left side there is a lever you pull to the rear that unlocks the rotation. I also have to turn the steering to "help" swivel the seat past it.

The porch light on mine goes on with the light on the awning side light switch. Unfortunately there's no way that I know of to control them independently.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 06:06 PM   #3

Thanks. I will have to fiddle more with the seat. I only have 1 lever on the left side of the drivers seat. Is it the same lever that reclines the seat? The passenger side has the 2 levers and it rotates fine. I will reset the seat and see if it will spin then.

I guess my drivers side porch light might need to be replaced. I will have to find a ladder and have a look

Thanks! We have only had this for a week but we are loving it!
Old 11-12-2011, 06:36 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Yup, the lever on the left raises the seat back to the upright most position. Then you adjust the seat all the way forward. This is what you need to do to allow it to rotate past the steering wheel.

On my Outlaw there are two red switches in the stair well. One is for the storage lights and the other controls both the left and right outside lights.

There are a few really creative guys on this forum that have done some really neat additions to their rigs. i've done a few myself like adding cables to convert the ramp into a deck, adding a roll down screen, and swapping the 27" LCD for a 42"

So ask away and you'll get some great advise as this is a great place for Outlaw specific information. I've searched the internet and this was the best site I found.

Good luck with your Outlaw, and good to meet you!
Old 11-14-2011, 05:46 PM   #5

Well I went and played with the drivers seat some more. I put the seat straight up and pushed it as far forward as I could - and it would not turn. Then I moved it back as far as I could and it also could not turn.

On the passenger side next to the recliner is a 2nd lever - you move it and the seat spins. The drivers side is missing this lever. Oddly when looking thru the instruction manuals I found a receipt and it said install 6-way power seat. I wonder if the current drivers seat is not the original and they had one installed that does not spin?
Old 11-14-2011, 06:07 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Well that's not good! I wonder how hard it would be to swap out your seats since having the passenger seat swivel makes no sense seeing as how it's in front of the recliner.

When you wrote above that it swiveled I thought you had found the lever on the drivers seat. Sorry about that.
Old 11-15-2011, 12:10 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
is the seat Power or manual?
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 AM   #8

The seat is full power. both seats are the same, but the drivers seat appears to be missing the lever that lets it swivel. When I look underneath, it's on the same pedestal as the passenger seat, just no swivel level.
Old 11-26-2011, 07:52 PM   #9

Damon Owners Club
We bought our Outlaw used and had the same problem with swiveling the driver's seat. The lever was missing, but upon searching we found the lever in one of the kitchen drawers. We were able to reattach it and now the seat swivels. Possible the same thing happened to your swivel lever. I suggest you check the driver seat to see if there is an entry point where the level is on the passenger seat. If so you might be able to remove the level from the passenger seat and use on the driver seat. Or better yet obtain another lever from Thor, if the seat is just missing the swivel lever. Worth a shot!
mmurray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:28 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmurray View Post
we found the lever in one of the kitchen drawers
Old 12-14-2011, 08:16 AM   #11

Ok - my pile of manuals contained 1 rv manual that was shared with 3 other RV's in Damon's lineup.

I went to Thor's site and downloaded the specific damon 2007 manual and now after reading it, I have more Newb questions.

1. The manual said my air units had heat pumps standard - it showed the same remotes and air unit I have in my rv - how do these work? The individual air conditioner manuals said nothing about heat pumps - but they also said nothing about controlling the furnace - and they also do that. Was this just a mistake in the manual?

2. Our service tech told us we should only use the 2nd air con for the furnace (the one closest to the rear of the coach) - is this true? does it matter what one I use? is there a reason to ever use 2?

3. I can't get any tv signal - The manual said that the 12volt power for the antenna is in the forward compartment with the tv gear. There are no power switches like manual shows. The instruction day person who showed us the unit said there is normally something that plugs into the telephone jack that powers the antenna. ??? Did I just mis-understand that?
Old 12-15-2011, 07:17 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dropframe View Post
1. The manual said my air units had heat pumps standard - it showed the same remotes and air unit I have in my rv - how do these work? The individual air conditioner manuals said nothing about heat pumps - but they also said nothing about controlling the furnace - and they also do that. Was this just a mistake in the manual?

2. Our service tech told us we should only use the 2nd air con for the furnace (the one closest to the rear of the coach) - is this true? does it matter what one I use? is there a reason to ever use 2?
I can't explain the reasoning behind it, but I can confirm that the furnace is tied into the rear most a/c unit. Using the remote to switch to heat controls the furnace, yet if you switch the front one to this setting also, it only blows air through the fan. Don't have a clue why. Another Outlaw owner speculated it was because it was easier / logical that since the furnace is closer to the rear unit it was most cost effective to do it that way. . .

I didn't quite grasp your question about the TV Power?
Old 12-15-2011, 10:09 AM   #13

Apparently the TV antenna is supposed to have some sort of 12volt energizer that powers it? The manual shows a switch and says it is up by the vcr over the passenger seat. I assume its for amplification.

Any idea about the heat pump? the outlaw manual said it's standard, but I don't see how to use it....
Old 12-15-2011, 10:23 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
My AV switch box has a plug in the back where there is a red and black wire connected. This is the positive and negative 12vdc input to the antenna. My older Class C switch box had a switch on the front that allowed you to turn this power off and on but the box in my Outlaw doesn't have that switch. I'm assuming yours won't either. Look on the back of the AV switch box and see if it has these two wires. If it does then you may need to check the coax for 12 volts. If it doesn't then look for the wires because the plug may have been pulled out by accident. The power in my class C to the antenna failed and I wasn't able to get any reception either.

My Damon AC units don't have heat pump capability as far as I can tell either.