Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2020, 08:10 PM   #1

2007 Tuscany 4055 porch light

Hello, I love my 4055 but could use some advice on improving the outside lighting situation. I have only one single (very dim) porch light on the outside. I would love to add some LED lights but I have the 3 slides on passenger side. Has anyone installed LED strip on the coach just under the main awning? If you did does that improve the lighting when the slides are out? Has anyone installed the LED lights on the awning tube, if so how did you do that?
inthetuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2020, 08:22 AM   #2

We had the same opinion on ours. The easiest and quickest solution we came up with was to change out the porch light cover for a clear one and to put a brighter LED bulb in the light when I had the cover off. It made a huge difference, cost less than 20 bucks, and was quick and easy to complete.
31NDone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2020, 06:03 PM   #3

I appreciate it. I tried to replace the outside light with a LED but when I took the old light and cover off I find the coach was not painted under the light and of course the new light I purchased has a smaller foot print than the old one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 31NDone View Post
We had the same opinion on ours. The easiest and quickest solution we came up with was to change out the porch light cover for a clear one and to put a brighter LED bulb in the light when I had the cover off. It made a huge difference, cost less than 20 bucks, and was quick and easy to complete.
inthetuscany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 11:55 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Another possibility,

I only removed the cover of the existing exterior lighting fixture, replaced the oem bulb with an led that fit the existing socket, and put the clear (new cover) back on and it worked fine. I had the same issue with thor not painting the area under the existing fixture, but thor's quality control and manufacturing process is an entirely different topic. But just try the led in your existing fixture with a clear cover and I think you will be happy with the results.
PHX4253 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, tuscany