Some of you may remember that I bought this 2007 Tuscany wrecked (with a clear title), picked it up in VA and drove it 500 miles home with one headlight, no wipers and no heat (in the rain and snow).
I have been pecking away at all of the repairs...front cap, generator, washer/dryer cabinet, wiring, A/C condenser, repaired/replaced awnings, and more.
Well, the time finally arrived for a shake down camping trip the other week.
I had the LP tank topped off.
I filled the diesel fuel tank.
I partially filled, then emptied the fresh water tank, then fully filled the fresh water tank (we planned to be dry camping).
Well-----after filling the fresh water tank all the way, I found this!!
Yup, that's the tank, and what's left of the plywood floor that used to hold it up in place. The thin walled square tubing brace also had buckled and the welds failed.
I was actually relieved that this happened in the driveway, imagine.
So I decided I had to remove the tank, to do a good job on a repair, but the tank was 3/4" inch WIDER than the compartment opening (after removing the gasket trim). So I cut the opening wider by 2" and took out the tank, and stripped out all of the remnants of the old, rotted floor.
I then cut and fit some 1-1/2" 14 gage square tubing and welded it in place. 3 of them, not just 1 as it was originally built.
Once all the braces were in, I cut and fit some 3/4" plywood and secured it in place.
I then added a layer of vinyl flooring, sealing the edges of the wet bay to it.
While it was out, I flushed out the tank with chlorine, probably as clean as when it was first molded.
Now it was a simple matter to slide the tank back in place and reconnect all the hoses, and add penetrations for the drains and access port. Sorry, no pics, I got distracted by what I found next.