Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-24-2011, 12:00 PM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
2010 Damon Astoria 3470

We found a "used" 2010 Astoria 3470 with only 1700 miles that is part of an estate sale. It was being offered on consignment through the local Camping World. They stated that it was originally purchased from them and only used once before the owner got sick and eventually died. It is almost new as none of the appliances seem to have been used.

We have agreed to a purchase and CW will be fixing any problems with the unit. Everything needs to be serviced and there is a compartment door that was crunched into by the original owner. The price is way below the low book retail price and includes the tow bar and connections for our toad.

This will be our first MH after spending many years with a 5er. We are looking for any advice or recommendations. Also, are there any problems that we need to look out for. Anything you guys have will be helpful.

Keith
kedanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-24-2011, 07:01 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
I getting a 2006 Damon Astoria Pacific 3679 with 12,000 miles next week. It is a consignment at RV Corral in Eugene, Oregon. I will do the PDI when I pick it up but I have driven it and looked ot over pretty well already. I plan to get the bumper to bumper extended warrantee too. I am excited
173dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:39 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to SteveOGilroy
We love our Damon Astoria PE 3786 plan. Nearly 40K miles on it and after the normal house fixes and adjustments we are very happy. Yesterday we looked at some used MH at a local dealer, when we departed the dealer my wife and agreed that ours is the best for the money..

Enjoy your new MH and we'll see you on the road.
Steve and Jean
2008 Damon Astoria 3786
2000 Toyota Avalon
SteveOGilroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:14 AM   #4

I have a 2011 3470 and luv it. So far we have had no issues of any consequence, (after the out of the box items were corrected by CW)

Little items we had to deal with;

bedroom door hinge came off, i put it back and put a drop of lock tite on the threads, all is well now,

cleaning between shower and linen closet took a couple of try to find the right tool.

The sun share in front-- I had to take the wooden rod out, shorten it 3/32" and put it back so it would slide evenly.

Runs wonderful, rides great, handles with ease. All applicances so far work as expected. Fuel economy, of course depends upon your speed, but I'm getting 10.8-11.5 around the midwest. I tow a 2012 Chevy equinox.

I'm sure you will enjoy you new MH after the years of the 5th w. We too had a 5th for 9 years, prior to our first Damon MH, the Astoria is our 3rd.

good luck

Paul

2011 Astoria with a 2012 Equinox as a toad
pjensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
On your 3470, does the refrig operate on inverter? Do you have 110vac outlets in bedroom? Curious as our 3470 doesn't on either account.

LEZM3
2010 Damon Astoria 3470
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex LTD
U.S. Navy Retired
LEZM3 is offline   Reply With Quote