Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2021, 12:19 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Air Conditioner Shroud Replacement

I have a 1998 Damon UltraSport 36. My shrouds need to be replaced. They are getting brittle and one has a small hole. I have Coleman Mach, no number listed after. My Air conditioner model # is 6799A806, serial D39812763 This was located on the actual rooftop unit. Serial # 029837225 CE, Part#73308730 was located inside rv under the vent. The cut opening on the bottom of the shroud is approx 37 3/4" x 38". Outside 41"or 43" x 28" x 10".
Any suggestions would be great. I ordered a TuffMaxx replacement shroud MaxXAir. The cut out was 32 x 23. Outside was pretty close. Could not fit over the unit. model of this one was 325001.
I have searched the web, but no one gives that inside cut out dimension. There has to be someone ese out there that has replaced theirs. Please help!
megumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2021, 12:40 PM   #2

Jayco Owners Club
I couldn't find any reference to that model number (other than a few similar questions on the internet that may even be yours). If it were mine, I would look at two options, first is that if I couldn't find a shroud that is the exact fit, I would go for a larger shroud and use (make) some metal brackets back to the A/C frame to hold it in place. Second option, I would purchase some epoxy coating and tape over (from underneath) the hole and coat both the top and bottom of the shrouds with several coats, and then if needed repaint the shrouds. Keep in mind that epoxy doesn't like flexing so you want to be careful to have enough coats that allows the shrouds to have enough strength to hold together without flexing. You can simply brush this on and repeat as many times as needed to get a strong epoxy coating. If you go this route, I suspect that the shrouds you have now could last as long as they have already. Something like this. ~Craig

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Superior+...ref=nb_sb_noss
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 11:03 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
I couldn't find any reference to that model number (other than a few similar questions on the internet that may even be yours). If it were mine, I would look at two options, first is that if I couldn't find a shroud that is the exact fit, I would go for a larger shroud and use (make) some metal brackets back to the A/C frame to hold it in place. Second option, I would purchase some epoxy coating and tape over (from underneath) the hole and coat both the top and bottom of the shrouds with several coats, and then if needed repaint the shrouds. Keep in mind that epoxy doesn't like flexing so you want to be careful to have enough coats that allows the shrouds to have enough strength to hold together without flexing. You can simply brush this on and repeat as many times as needed to get a strong epoxy coating. If you go this route, I suspect that the shrouds you have now could last as long as they have already. Something like this. ~Craig

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Superior+...ref=nb_sb_noss
Thank you. I think we are going this type of direction with repair. Too costly to replace, especially when the shrouds are bigger and expensive.
megumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 03:17 PM   #4

Jayco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by megumby View Post
Thank you. I think we are going this type of direction with repair. Too costly to replace, especially when the shrouds are bigger and expensive.
BTW, welcome to the website!
CRV2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, air, air conditioner, replace, replacement, shroud