Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Damon Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Freightliner Owners Club
Aqua-Hot Heating System (Used Servicable Wanted)

All:

I am strongly pursuing the retrofit of an Aqua-Hot System to our 08 Tuscany (should have bought initially installed, dumb me), and thought I would look around for a good used system before I order a new boiler/pump unit with all the accessory components. Planning an Alaska trip in the next year or so but will not go up there without an Aqua-Hot.

I am only interested in purchasing the main boiler/pump unit and the control panel. Maybe from a wrecked motorhome?

I would go pick it up and do the overhaul as I have worked with similiar applications in a previous life.

All assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #2
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
I would think the RV salvage yards would be a good starting place. I've never seen a used system for sale but they could be around. I'd never leave home without my Aqua-Hot system.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 05:24 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
please take good notes
i was just reading about installing a system. I think your on to a great project
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:35 PM   #4

Commercial Member

RE: Aqua-Hot

Roy and Sandy

Used Aqua-Hot units are few and far between. They are usually picked up immediately to replace a unit that has been frozen (destroys the fresh water heating loop).

It is a big job to retrofit Aqua-Hot into existing coach. You have to install the unit, bring in 12 volt power, diesel fuel + return line, 110-volt AC electric (element), electric line to control switches in the coach and coolant lines to each heating exchanger, then back to the Aqua-Hot. I have heard that it takes about 100 man-hours for an experienced technician.

You can see what is involved by reading the installation manual that is on the Aqua-Hot website, here: http://www.aqua-hot.com/b2c/ecom/ecomEnduser/default/Manuals.aspx \

- Roger Berke -
Moderator - HydronicRVHeating : Hydronic-RV-Heating
Roger Berke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:07 AM   #5

How big a problem are these units in the winter? Do they freeze? How do you winterize this system?
resindiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:52 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
The domestic hot water system is winterized along with the fresh water winterization process. There is no water heater bypass to deal with and the hydro-hot can still be used to heat the coach even if the hot water portion is winterized. By the way, hydrot-hot comes in two fuel source models diesel and propane. In my opinion the hydro-hot heating system is the best improvement to a motorhome since the diesel engine.
RJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by resindiana View Post
How big a problem are these units in the winter? Do they freeze? How do you winterize this system?
You would have to try real hard to freeze one since the engine loop has engine coolant. The house loop has polyglycol 50/50. Only way would be to go way too far north...or dilute coolant(s) through improper maint.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 12:15 PM   #8

Wasn't too hard to do .
Perry White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2011, 06:36 AM   #9

Hello

I do not know if your still interesed, but I have a unused (zero hours) hydo hot for sale. I purchased it about four years ago to install into a 95 monaco, so i have also most of the parts you would need for the install. The reason I did not use it is I upgraded to a 02 HR Imperial 40ft, which had a aqua Hot allready in it. I upgraded, because I wanted the slide outs, but the aqua was a bonus and I did not have to do the install. The reason a mentioned unused instead of new is because it was manufactured I believe in 04. Let me know if you are interested and I will get you a list of what I have and pictures. I am going to list it on this forum and posibly ebay very soon.

Thanks
DennisM

email dennism@bdvcorp.com
ph (906) 786 2258
dennism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #10

Try these guys.
Visone RV, Rebuildable Auto Motorhome Insurance RV Salvage Parts, Repairable Wrecks, Used RV Parts Monaco, Prevost, Allegro Holiday Rambler, Alfa | visonerv.com
Old 12-09-2014, 05:21 PM   #11

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Aqua hot installation

THE aqua hot system is great until you have to fix it. That sometimes can be often. I'm looking at 750.00 just for a control box. Look into the cost of replacement parts and availability before you get to excited. Used units are almost impossible to find. There is nothing after market for them and aqua hot has got you right by the you know what when it comes to pricing. Good luck

Tags
aqua-hot, used aqua hot