Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #1

audio out on main TV

Does anyone know where the other end of the RCA out leads of the main TV go to. 2008 Outlaw. Thanks, Tony
Nucleartec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-09-2012, 08:27 PM   #2

Don't know that rig but they probably go to receiver for sound to the sound system.
firedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Have you had sound before or did this just start happening?

What do you have in addition to the TV, i.e. DVD player, sound system, video control box, etc... Have you checked the settings on any of those type additional devices. On mine the DVD player has to be set to TV to hear the TV. I can watch it just not hear unless I select TV.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:26 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
The RCA jacks on my TV are used to accept the signal from the DVD player.

I always wondered if the TV could be linked back to the sound system so that it became a home theater system. That would be pretty cool. As it is, I installed a Visio sound bar under the TV and that works out pretty well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0333.jpg
Views:	711
Size:	219.2 KB
ID:	16984  
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 AM   #5

Drats! Here is another thing I didn't know I was missing out on. Off to Sams Club...
Vicap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:21 AM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
You just stick with us and we'll spend your retirement in no time
Old 01-10-2012, 10:06 PM   #7

RCA outputs

Only had this mh for a few months. Went through and got all tv's working. Bought DVD player, wired it with the RCA input,over the cockpit,to TV already installed wires. That is when I saw the AUDIO OUT , red and white rca wires leaving the TV. Cannot find the other end. Was hoping it could feed into the dash uint and play through all the speakers. Thanks, Tony
Old 01-10-2012, 10:20 PM   #8

The only time those are hooked up is if you hooked it to an amp for surround sound otherwise it just uses the little amp and speakers in the tv.
jimbo16720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:24 PM   #9

DG, I like the big TV with the sound bar!! And the table too. Does it fold down? Is it in the way of getting in and out the booth? How big is that TV? Tony
Old 01-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
If you can't find where those cables go from the audio out from the TV, you could always unplug them and add more cables to what you want.

I just replaced my stereo, and the old one had a TV sound option, but the optional box needed was not there.

I just plug my TV audio out into this new stereo, and it sounds GREAT.

Walmart.com: Sony CDXGT56UIW Receiver with USB Input: Auto Electronics

And I added:

Boss Bass1500 10 Inch Low Profile Amplified Subwoofer - Walmart.com
Old 01-11-2012, 03:48 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleartec1 View Post
DG, I like the big TV with the sound bar!! And the table too. Does it fold down? Is it in the way of getting in and out the booth? How big is that TV? Tony
The TV is a Samsung 42" and It's very thin. I made a mount for it that utilizes the depth of the existing wall opening which leaves about an inch of space when the slide comes in
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/outl...2-a-84805.html

The shelf is from Home depot. It's hollow so you attach a piece of wood to the wall and the shelf slips over that and then attaches to the wood so you can't see the mount.

I made two of these tables. I made one for the garage in the back as well that can double as a night stand when the bed in the back is out. The legs fold and lock in both the up and down position and in the stowed position the table is only 2" off the wall. My conceptual was a lot bigger and that would have been in the way of the booth but luckily I measured twice so it's only 16" off the wall and 30" wide which is completely out of the way. You do have to remember to stow it before bringing the slide in
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f120/wall...es-110166.html
Old 01-11-2012, 05:08 AM   #12

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGShaffer View Post
You just stick with us and we'll spend your retirement in no time
Such encouraging news to a new Outlaw Owner. . .it should be printed on a welcome card or something.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:35 AM   #13

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Hehehehehe
Old 01-11-2012, 05:41 AM   #14

Damon Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucleartec1 View Post
Does anyone know where the other end of the RCA out leads of the main TV go to. 2008 Outlaw. Thanks, Tony

BTW Nuclertec1 - welcome to the Outlaw circle. Stick around and you'll find more and more things to add to your "things I need" list.