Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #1

Damon Owners Club
Battery Control Center (BBC) Location

I have a 2008 Damon Challenger 377 Platinum on a 2007 chassis and can not find the BBC.
The manual says it's located in front of the drivers front tire inside the compartment of the fenderskirt. I've looked everywhere including under the dash but can't seem to find it. The only fuse box under the hood says "Power Distribution Box" and but doesn't look anywhere like the picture in the manual.
Any pointers on where to find it?
Thanks
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2016, 12:26 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Go out front and open the engine panel like you would to check the oil and water. Look to the right, maybe up a little near the brake master cylinder. It should be in the vicinity thereabouts.............. sorta............hopefully............maybe.

It should look something like this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BCC.jpg
Views:	946
Size:	222.3 KB
ID:	121858

I don't think that is where your problem lies but it's worth a look. I suspect that is you go back to the switch and recheck the wiring to see if you have either left a jumper off or have wires crossed so that power is unable to go to the slides or W/H. You may have already done that, I don't know. Let me know what you find and we'll go from there.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:11 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Should be a black plastic Box on firewall with a row of fuses in it and 2 large relays
With hood open looking at the motor home it will be top right side
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 08:21 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Entegra Owners Club
should look like this
gasser 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:49 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Thanks Gasser, I have one just like it but it didn't match the picture in my manual so that through me off.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:29 PM   #6

Gasser 38, my manual shows that item as a Micro battery control center. Admitted I have a different camper (2000 Damon Challenger335) but your picture is dead on. Also in my manual it shows a standard BCC. Would there be 2 separate panels??? I too am having trouble finding the BCC because I am looking for a specific fuse. ( my monitor panel does not light up when pressed and it says to check the BD relay fuses). Anyone one have any ideas?

If the micro is the replacement to the standard, what fuse would control the monitor panel?
Wildjaych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 08:47 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildjaych View Post
Gasser 38, my manual shows that item as a Micro battery control center. Admitted I have a different camper (2000 Damon Challenger335) but your picture is dead on. Also in my manual it shows a standard BCC. Would there be 2 separate panels??? I too am having trouble finding the BCC because I am looking for a specific fuse. ( my monitor panel does not light up when pressed and it says to check the BD relay fuses). Anyone one have any ideas?

If the micro is the replacement to the standard, what fuse would control the monitor panel?
Welcome to iRV2.
The mini would be the only BCC in your coach. The paperwork I have doesn't list a specific fuse for the control board. You may have to check all the fues with a voltmeter.
Here is a pdf that may be of some help , the mini fuse layout, is on page 16
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Intell BCC Mini Gas.pdf (634.4 KB, 274 views)

Tags
battery, cat