Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-05-2009, 06:05 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Black Tank Flush?

I am sorry to ask a stupid question but I have not done a flush of the black tank. On the outside where the sewer dump is there is the hose connection for "CiTY WATER" and then one for "POTABLE WATER". Which one do I use for the flush? I have an 09 Damon Tuscany. Need to dump and flush as I am getting a bad smell in the RV.

Also, I think that some of the water in the holding tank may be contaminated. Any suggestions on cleaning it out and sanitizing?

Thanks for you help.
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-06-2009, 06:29 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
bump
Old 07-06-2009, 07:44 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
First off let me start by saying I don't have a Damon. BUT. On our coach we use the city water position to have water in the coach from a faucet. We fill our fresh water tank by hooking up to a faucet and putting it in that pos and water fills the tank. Neither has anything to do with flushing the black tank.
To flush the black tank on ours we hook up a black hose to a fitting on the black tank itself. Ours is on the outside of the black tank and has a female fitting like on a hose. Hook it up turn the water on and you should hear the water running.
Hope this didn't waste your time
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
dave from mesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:00 AM   #4

Black tank flush procedure

I have a Damon Essence, but should be the same as yours. Hook up a water hose to the tank flush connection (Black Tank), open the tank drain valve, and run the water for 3-4 minutes. This should be done 3 or 4 times a year. I run my flush until it runs clear. See attached pictures for location.
Alan
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5316.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	800   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_5318.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	54.7 KB
ID:	801  

Alan Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Taylor View Post
I have a Damon Essence, but should be the same as yours. Hook up a water hose to the tank flush connection (Black Tank), open the tank drain valve, and run the water for 3-4 minutes. This should be done 3 or 4 times a year. I run my flush until it runs clear. See attached pictures for location.
Alan
I have the same setup. Only difference is my smaller input says portable water and talks about sterilization before use and death and so fourth. Doesn't speak about black tank or wash or anything like that that would lead me to believe it was a flush. However since mine is like yours and I see no other connections I will assume it is the flush.

Thanks for the help and the pics!!!!
roboniko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 09:36 PM   #6

I have a '09 Damon Outlaw and the black tank flush is in the same compartment as the drains but it is located high on the right hand corner of the compartment. It looks like a regular hose connection.
Cowboy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:45 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
alan
mine looks just like your picture.
i think the lawyers got involved on the potable water and black tank flush
in the odd case the black tank flusher would back flow into an un pressurized water hose, you could in the unlikely event get contaminated water into your water hose that you use for flushing....and if the its the same hose you use for fresh potable water then you could get ill or worse

i use a YELLOW colored hose for all tank flushing, at home
and at campgrounds i don't flush unless i am having issues, but do use the non potable hoses provided to wash out the drain hose
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote