Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-21-2010, 10:06 AM   #1

Challenger coach light bulb replacement needed

The light bulbs in the coach don't have any brand name. Does anybody have a suggestion as to what brand I should replace them? Otherwise just going to Lowes/Autozone and try and match it up.
Leonsrocketcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-21-2010, 07:22 PM   #2

iRV2 No Limits Club
What you are looking for is the base of the bulb, and there are quite a few. Super Bright LEDs ? LED Lights, Bulbs, and Accessories have a couple of pages that show bulb bases and adapters.
Shadowcatche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:48 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Are you talking about the interior lights in the ceiling,if so they should be 1156 from autozone
ccook129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:56 PM   #4

MY interior lights for the ceiling are 1141.
crbenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:18 AM   #5

Yes, the ceiling lights, I pulled a few of them out and my neighbor confirm they are 1141 (didn't know what all those numbers were, but now I'm schooled). Just picked up several packs at autozone.

Now my issue is one of my light fixtures above the sink. Both receptacles will not engage fully with the spring to receive the bulbs. I used a flat head screwdriver and could depressed one side, but the the other doesn't so I can't get an even depression around the case. Weird that it is both sides too.

Thanks for the replies.
Leonsrocketcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonsrocketcar View Post
Yes, the ceiling lights, I pulled a few of them out and my neighbor confirm they are 1141 (didn't know what all those numbers were, but now I'm schooled). Just picked up several packs at autozone.

Now my issue is one of my light fixtures above the sink. Both receptacles will not engage fully with the spring to receive the bulbs. I used a flat head screwdriver and could depressed one side, but the the other doesn't so I can't get an even depression around the case. Weird that it is both sides too.

Thanks for the replies.
I actually use different wattages in each socket this turns each fixture into a two speed so to speak, each fixture has a high and a low.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:38 PM   #7

Damon Owners Club
I was troubleshooting a defective ceiling light in my Challenger and removed the entire receptacle to check the wiring. I discovered that the headliner was darkened significantly above where the light bulbs were. Almost burned looking. I then removed several other receptacles and found the same burnt looking discoloration. I made a decision to replace all the incandescent with fluorescent fixtures. I found a supplier on ebay which was significantly less expensive than the rv stores. Now I don't worry that the lights will create enough heat to start a fire, and the bulbs last much longer.
howdja is offline   Reply With Quote