Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2010, 08:28 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to pepawntx
Circuit Breaker on Lippert Levelers

I have read several threads pertaining to these circuit breakers. And yes, to keep from tripping it, we should have the engine running while leveling. Guess what, I tripped mine today. Can anyone verify that they have the same breaker that I have and then please tell me "how to reset it". I have pushed, pulled, tugged, and given it a few choice words... but can't seem to get it to reset. Mine is a Cooper-Bussmann, 184F, 80 amp fluch mount breaker (part #184080F).
pepawntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:24 PM   #2

HI pepawntx,
I have the same Tuscany as you and it also has the same breaker as yours. Its been a year and a half since mine tripped. If I remember right It just swiveled back in to place easily. But thats not enough to get the levelers to work. After resetting the breaker with the engine running, do the 4 finger salute, pressing the 4 directional arrow at the same time holding down for a few seconds should reset the computer for the levelers.
Good Luck, And don't forget to have the engine running while you level and raise them.
Ron
Danorske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 05:22 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
pepawntx got your e-mail sorry we missed your first try at rb14095@flash.net.

I havent had main breaker go out yet,but had first road service from Camper world care service NO COMPLAINTS where i was and Sat around 6pm got going again at 11pm One new 275/70R 22.5 Michaline $538.50.

Kenneth give powerboatr a ring hes up on most things about Tuscany{I still love the ride)

Darrell
DBOL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 07:23 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
I had it happen to me when I was asked to move my coach before a wedding started at a resort, much to my disappointment when I went to raise the jacks the only thing I got was the flashing lights. On a Saturday with bridezilla pacing in front of me I desperately tried to raise them. An RV shop gave me a cell number to a man they called Bud in AZ who walked me thru the trouble shooting to no avail (I failed to find breaker) so I raised them manually. Bridezilla was happy.
The next day we headed north for Ga. to the sound of the jacks down warning.(visual inspection showed them to be up).
Stopping for the night I investigated further and found my breaker on my 07 Damon Daybreak/ford on the frame to the left, I flipped the paddle, reset the panel and it has worked fine since.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	breaker.JPG
Views:	247
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	4408  
Mafiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:21 PM   #5

Damon Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
well i hope you got going again
we wuz in the land of no internet for a few days

i will look at it in the a.m.

Darrel did palo duro blow your tire
Enjoying the 2008 Damon Tuscany 4056, #3998 no your eyes are fine, there are really 6 slides
2022 F150 King Ranch or 2012 Edge toads

powerboatr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 11:43 PM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to pepawntx
Thanks Everyone... Kept fooling with it and finally got it to reset and stay set for a few minutes. That allowed me to get the levelers up and we hit the road. Talked to a service tech and learned that these things can be just like a breaker in your house... they get weak and will continually trip. So I had him order one and I will go back by in two weeks to pick it up. It is just a matter of time now and I'll be rid of that headache.

Something I learned... if your breaker ever trips and won't stay reset, just jump across it with a piece of wire until you get your levelers up. Then remove the jump wire before getting on the road. Neat trick...

Again, thanks for your assistance.
pepawntx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:17 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafiaman View Post
I had it happen to me when I was asked to move my coach before a wedding started at a resort, much to my disappointment when I went to raise the jacks the only thing I got was the flashing lights. On a Saturday with bridezilla pacing in front of me I desperately tried to raise them. An RV shop gave me a cell number to a man they called Bud in AZ who walked me thru the trouble shooting to no avail (I failed to find breaker) so I raised them manually. Bridezilla was happy.
The next day we headed north for Ga. to the sound of the jacks down warning.(visual inspection showed them to be up).
Stopping for the night I investigated further and found my breaker on my 07 Damon Daybreak/ford on the frame to the left, I flipped the paddle, reset the panel and it has worked fine since.
Problems like this is why I keep a reversible variable speed electric drill and the right sized hex bit just to raise them manually if I have to.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote