Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #1

Hello,

I'm very new to these forums, have owned a non-slide Fleetwood Coronado for years and have recently decided that I would like a larget MH that has the ability to sleep more people.

Right now I'm leaning towards Challenger 376 since it has 2 front sofas, dinette, 2 bunks, and a queen bed in the back.

Anyone that owns one like that have any praise and/or disdain that I should be aware of?

I have also not been able to find a single other Motherhome on the market with this type of floorplan, 2 front couches, a dinette, bunks, and a queen. I have found ones with everything but the second couch, or with the second couch but not the bunks.

Does anyone know of any other make/model that has this sleeping capacity for me to use to compare?

Thanks in advance!!!
Craigmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2008, 03:44 PM   #2

Hello,

I'm very new to these forums, have owned a non-slide Fleetwood Coronado for years and have recently decided that I would like a larget MH that has the ability to sleep more people.

Right now I'm leaning towards Challenger 376 since it has 2 front sofas, dinette, 2 bunks, and a queen bed in the back.

Anyone that owns one like that have any praise and/or disdain that I should be aware of?

I have also not been able to find a single other Motherhome on the market with this type of floorplan, 2 front couches, a dinette, bunks, and a queen. I have found ones with everything but the second couch, or with the second couch but not the bunks.

Does anyone know of any other make/model that has this sleeping capacity for me to use to compare?

Thanks in advance!!!
Craigmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:19 PM   #3

Craig, I can't actually answer your question, but I did check out the floorplan and it seems really nice. There is another Damon with bunks, but this is the first I've seen with bunks and the dual couch. I don't know of any others like it, but doesn't mean that one doesn't exist. Good luck... John H
John H... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #4

We have the Damon Astoia 3776 Pacific Edition, it too has dual couches; that's one of the main reasons we chose the Damon over all the other makes.
DDinCincy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 09:02 PM   #5

Craig,

We have that model and we love it. I like the dual entry on the bathroom and we love the bunks. Moli, our Lab uses the bottom one and if we have guests one sleeps on top, or like last summer, we used it for exta storage.

We have been very satisfied with the Damon, and we find that Damon has been excellent with their warranty work. If I ever buy another MH, it will be a Damon.

We had the dinette taken out and put in a desk with a trestle table. We find it more flexible and fits our lifestyle better. The table and desk were purchased near Elkhart when we had the Challenger in for some warranty work.

Good luck with whatever you decide
Full Moon Over Salem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 10:34 AM   #6

Craig,
We own this coach, and highly recommend it. It is the only coach with the layout. Love the double sofas and the two entrances into the bath. We have kids and think the bunks are necessary. After the kid's bedtime, we close the pocket door between the kitchen and the bunk area, and we continue to visit with friends into the night. The second entrance into the bathroom allows you to use the bathroom without having to go through the bunk area and waking up the kids.

You will have to decide if you want to spend the extra $30k for the Astoria. That is a beautiful coach as well. I am glad it was not available when we made our decision to get the challenger 376 or we would have probably selected it for its diesel engine. One thing to note however is that the Astoria does not have the dual entrance into into the bathroom.

Things to watch out for: The glass shower enclosure leaks, have it caulked. The plumbing was done poorly. Sink tail piece cut short, fittings leaked, black tank check valve leaked. All things that were very graciously and professionally repaired by the dealer under warranty.

Let me know if you have any specific questions.

Mark
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:32 AM   #7

Craigmandu...sounds like a great coach..I have the dual sofas in my 3773, and love it.
Each night for tv watching...My hubby greats one and I get the other!

DDinCincy...I have the "almost" twin of your 3776..I have a 2007 3773 Pacific Edition, with the same full body paint. Don't you love it?
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 04:00 AM   #8

Craig....meant to mention....
Since we bought out of state and were unable to take our MH back for any of the minor repairs needed, we spoke with Damon and they have been really great reinbursing us for anything we had to have done.
We are very happy with our Damon. JMO
Sue
Sumar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 07:22 AM   #9

I have owned a 376 Challenger for over a year now. It is a great RV. After three Cs and a Super C we are completely happy we purchased the Damon. I only had a couple of minor comestic problems that were fixed by Damon. We did have to call them and have the give us a shop to have it done at.

I would definately buy another Damon. I like the Astoria but I want a little more towing capacity then what is offered by the Challenger and Astoria. I can wait now because the family really likes the 376.
Old 04-01-2008, 11:05 AM   #10

If I buy another gasser(sooner then later) we are going with the Challenger 377 platinum. Great floorplan and cant beat the bang for the buck.

2006 FOUR WINDS HURRICANE 34N F-53
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:24 AM   #11

I recently saw a new 2008 Damon Challenger 376 model on the Workhorse Chassis and I was impressed. I'm also encouraged by the comments here regarding the design and Damon Corp in general. I'd like to see some comments here on the Workhouse Chassis versus the Ford V-10, especially regarding MPG and Handling issues? I was leaning toward the Ford Chassis but the 376 in-stock locally is on the Workhorse. Thanks in advance for any/all comments.
BobCinciRV is offline   Reply With Quote