RV News RVBusiness 2021 Top 10 RVs of the Year, plus 56 additional debuts and must-see units → ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Damon
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-30-2011, 09:16 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robot9000 View Post
Indian, did you buy the coach new or used? You seem to have a ton of problems that I have not seen on coaches 3x that age.

The maroon decal issue is known and I don't think Damon handled that very well at all (I mentioned the decal problem to a damon rep at an RV show and he just made Sour beer face). .

As for the other stuff, I can't speak to how you use your RV or maintain it, but I bought an 07 used with 20K miles on it that was a rental for General RV here in Michigan and after a lot of cleanup, it was all good. So I think you do have a lemon or at least your coach is not representative of the Damon/Daybreak line. My coach made it through 3 years of being rented out and I had no problems other than the maroon decals, so I gotta believe you got a bad one. We liked it so much we bought a new 2011 Daybreak. Its got about 5K on this year and so far so good (some minor warranty stuff, but handled at the dealer).
I have an 07 DayBreak, and the stripe is an issue. I agree they didn't handle it very well at all. Mine was only about 2 years old when the problem arose.
stripes
Daymon sent me to the manufacturer of the stripes and they sent me new ones but I have yet to get them put on the rig as I am afraid the problem will resurface.

What Daymon did would be like GM, with an engine defect, sending you to TRW to get the new rings and expecting you to fix it on your own. Not a way to instill trust in your customers is it. Over all, even after this, I still like my Daymon.
KC1BUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-30-2011, 10:12 AM   #16

2007 damon

Yes our damon was purchased new . it had 900 miles when we received it . we now have 12,000 miles and as i said the part that was not built by damon is fine , it is the body and parts put in by damon that is terrible . guess mine was just the lemon for that year .
indian654321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 08:28 PM   #17
TAZ

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by indian654321 View Post
Yes our damon was purchased new . it had 900 miles when we received it . we now have 12,000 miles and as i said the part that was not built by damon is fine , it is the body and parts put in by damon that is terrible . guess mine was just the lemon for that year .
I am sorry to hear that you had so many issues. We have been lucky and like the previous post ours was originally a rental. The awning and ladder were missing and some minor repairs if you know what to look for. Added and power awning and leveling system and we are extremely happy with the rig. Hopefully you troubles are behind you and good weather ahead.

I wish you fair winds and following seas...

Improvise, adapt and overcome... "Semper Fi"
TAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 09:56 AM   #18

I've had 5 problems (well, maybe 3 problems and 2 inconveniences) with mine since new.

The first was my fault - I ran down the chassis battery during winter storage to the point it needed replacement. A solar charger was installed soon after the new battery was installed.

The second, it would pull to the right when going down the highway. An alignment paid for by the dealer fixed that.

The third was that the dash AC would keep blowing the fuse. After a bit of troubleshooting, we found a wire under the steering column next to a sharp edge that had rubbed through the insulation and was causing a short. A cut, a splice and some wrap ties fixed that.

The first inconveniences was the rough ride (Koni shocks and correct air pressure fixed the majority of the issue).

The last inconvenience was the steering wheel was not centered while driving. My son pulled off the wheel, rotated it one tooth and now it is centered.

I've experienced other stuff, but attribute those to normal wear and tear from me, the dog, and grandchildren. I've not experienced decals coming off or other external cosmetic issue, but I do need to tighten the occasional screw or re-attach a piece of interior trim (mainly due to rough road driving).

I have a 5 Star Tune that is a noticeable improvement over stock. Not so much a MPG improvement, but shifting is much more smooth and it has eliminated the screaming engine syndrome. Adding a rear track bar helped the..well...tracking (mine came with a front track bar).

Personally, I think the Daybreak is a lot of RV for the money.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:40 PM   #19

I have a 2004 intruder and love it. we just came back form a 8 week 3600 mile trip and can't wait to go again. Wolf
Wolf-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 04:53 PM   #20

I just bought a 1999 Damon Daybreak 23,000 miles, like brand new inside, decal issue outside but it sat for years. I am however having a brake problem. when it gets hot the brake will not return once pushed. It goes to the floor and stays there causing the coach to practically stop on the highway. I use my toes to pull it back up again. It is a chevy 454 on a p30 chassi. A mechanic put a new master cylinder on , but that did not fix the problem. Any ideas
kido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 02:48 PM   #21

Just bought a 2002 Damon Daybreak 2775 29' with 29,000 miles--2 slides--have to say so far that we love it--absolutely no issues-and we have used it for over 1000 miles and thru some wicked storms thru the smokey mountains--and I havent noticed one thing wrong yet! of course this is the first motorhome we have owned-not the first camper though so I think we were expecting some things to be wrong with a 10 year old motorhome--so far so good..
jbatchelor is offline   Reply With Quote